Re: Guidance on using ORDL for Archival Records

I can comment on prohibitions as I introduced them - although I have not
kept close track of ODRL for a while.

For an example - let’s take a document which we want to the user to be able
to read but not print.

If we only have the permission model; there is a grey case where a system
that could interpret unspecified restrictions as allow if possible, or
because it has no technical means to enforce (as opposed to prohibit if not
specified).

The idea for the prohibition was to have explicit restrictions that could
also be used to evaluate whether the enforcement mechanism could enforce
such prohibitions and if not; not enable the system for usage.

It also allowed for some use cases of allow everything except A B and C.

Hope this helps

Alapan