Re: Wrong arc used in ODRL model?

On  2015-Jan-21, at 13:10, Renato Iannella <ri@semanticidentity.com> wrote:

>> On 21 Jan 2015, at 19:16, Simon Steyskal <ssteyska@wu.ac.at> wrote:
>>
>> One thing that bothers me for quite some time now is the representation of the relationship between Policy and Asset as indicated in [1]. Assuming some kind of UML-like class diagram notation, the arc used to represent this relationship actually represents a generalization/is-a relationship [2]. I don't think, that's the intended meaning..?
>
> Hi Simon, that actually is the intention (that a Policy is a typeof/subclass of an Asset).
>
> One example for this was to enable a Duty to refer to an Asset - in the case of nextPolicy, to indicate another Policy that is itself an Asset.

For what it’s worth, and it’s probably unhelpful, I find those kinds of diagrams really difficult to interpret.

I don’t actually know if the ontology diagram is any better, mind (it *should* be consistent, although I don’t think it’s as expressive):

http://www.w3.org/ns/odrl/2/diagram.png

M.

--
Mo McRoberts - Chief Technical Architect - Archives & Digital Public Space,
Zone 2.12, BBC Scotland, 40 Pacific Quay, Glasgow G51 1DA,