Re: Version 2.1 spec URLs

> On  2015-Feb-06, at 19:18, Myles, Stuart <SMyles@ap.org> wrote:

> Would we consider having these URLS that would always point to the latest ODRL 2 specs?
>
> http://www.w3.org/community/odrl/model/2/

> http://www.w3.org/community/odrl/vocab/2/

> http://www.w3.org/community/odrl/xml/2/

> http://www.w3.org/community/odrl/json/2/
> http://www.w3.org/ns/odrl/2/

> And then having version-specific URLs

As it goes, we already do this, for the RDF, after a fashion.

The canonical URIs are (e.g., for the Turtle)

http://www.w3.org/ns/odrl/2/ODRL20.ttl for version 2.0
http://www.w3.org/ns/odrl/2/ODRL21.ttl for version 2.1

The HTML, RDF/XML, etc., follow the same pattern.

http://www.w3.org/ns/odrl/2/ always points at the latest version. When there’s a 2.2, it’ll point there (although it may be available as http://www.w3.org/ns/odrl/2/ODRL22.* prior to being considered release-ready).

I took the naming pattern from somewhere else in ODRL-land, if memory serves - I’m pretty sure I would’ve picked a nicer-looking scheme if it was a blank slate ;)

I have just noticed a bug, however, in the HTML generation script, which claims (wrongly) that ODRL20.html is the HTML version of ODRL 2.1. I’ll need to fix that...

M.

--
Mo McRoberts - Chief Technical Architect - Archives & Digital Public Space,
Zone 2.12, BBC Scotland, 40 Pacific Quay, Glasgow G51 1DA,