Re: Educational purpose

> On 7 Apr 2015, at 11:02 pm, Mo McRoberts <mo.mcroberts@bbc.co.uk> wrote:
>
> Interjecting briefly: the issue with all of these is that they’re really
> poorly-defined, legally-speaking, and even when one can arrive at a
> definition, the definition varies quite significantly by jurisdiction, so
> it’s really difficult to specify what ‘educational use’ means.

True - and it is not *our* role to provide legally-binding contractual terms per jurisdiction ;-)
Communities-of-use will provide that level of assurance (together with their local jurisdiction-based laws).

It maybe useful for us to collect terms that the wider community proposes as potentially "common" to address interoperability.
We would create a page on the community site for this purpose with URIs for test purposes only.

Cheers...
Renato Iannella
Semantic Identity  http://semanticidentity.com  +61 4 1313 2206
Chair, W3C ODRL Community Group http://www.w3.org/community/odrl/