Re: odrl-ISSUE-12: Make asserting flexible values more flexible [ODRL Version 2.0 XML Encoding (Public) ]

On 21 Jun 2012, at 06:07, ODRL Community Group Issue Tracker wrote:

> As the example 4.6 of the XML Encoding page of the ODRL specs (http://www.w3.org/community/odrl/two/xml/) shows the concrete value of a license fee has to be expressed as Asset.
> As licensing fees a) are flexible and b) a very large amount of them exist IPTC members raised the business requirement to have a more flexible way for expressing such literal values in ODRL.
> We could think about adding attributes like @valuetype, @value and @valueunit to the asset element and to define some indicator (e.g. a special @relation value) for this use case.

Hi michael - we purposely did not define any semantics/structure for payments (as we felt this would be domain specific) so instead we simply said that a payment can be expressed as an Asset.

The examples show assets from the UBL schema, but more complex payments (and terms) can be expressed using Good Relations [1].

Can you give an example of the additional attributes you mention and what they would represent?

Cheers...
Renato Iannella
Semantic Identity
http://semanticidentity.com