Re: [nostr-protocol] IoT Nostr Events

Hey Isaac,

On Mon, Jul 24, 2023 at 06:51:05PM -0700, Isaac Eiter wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I've been working on a bounty
><https://nostrbounties.com/b/naddr1qq9rzd3cxqunjwfsxqcsygpm7rrrljungc6q0tuh5hj7ue863q73qlheu4vywtzwhx42a7j9n5psgqqqw4rsgwpsta>
>submitted by fiatjaf, in the process of which I've started working on a
>library that will make nostr note creation easier using Rust on a
>microcontroller (repo here <https://github.com/isaac-asdf/nostr-nostd>),
>where there isn't access to the standard library.
>
>I'm wondering if Kind 1 notes are the most appropriate choice for doing
>something like the weather station implementation?

kind1 notes are not meant for application data. They are meant to be
micro-blogging, comments, and twitter-like applications. You should use
a custom note kind for weather data.

>And also, I've been wondering what it would look like to include
>location info in tags vs in the actual note, and things like units etc.

Anything you want humans to read should be in the contents, tags are for
applications. For example, you could add a geohash tag `g` (see NIP12)
for specifying the location. Then apps would be able to use your custom
kind for finding the weather near a certain location.

Cheers,
Will