From: public-mw4d-request@w3.org on behalf of Chevrollier, N.G. (Nicolas)
Sent: Tue 1/26/2010 08:27 AM
To: adesina iluyemi; Renjish Kumar
Cc: Stephane Boyera; public-mw4d@w3.org
Subject: RE: new charter version

Hi all,

Just to make sure I understand:
- we will work domain based and collect information on the different
topics (adoption, business model, ...)
- we will present the notes topic based (maybe 1 sub-section on what is
general and 1 sub-section on each domain)

If that is the case, I would rather go for a presentation per domain as
well and a general note about generalization.

But this is only a matter on how we organize the note. In any case we
have to start collecting per domain.

Best,

Nicolas

On
> Behalf Of adesina iluyemi
> Sent: Friday, January 22, 2010 6:02 PM
> To: Renjish Kumar
> Cc: Stephane Boyera; public-mw4d@w3.org
> Subject: Re: new charter version
>
> I support these suggestions of Interest Groups. 3, 4, 5, specifically
> interests me
>
> Adesina
>
> On 19/01/2010, Renjish Kumar <renjish.kumar@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Stephane, All,
> >
> > The charter doc has captured different dimensions of MW4D,
> > namely Application domains, Tools, Impact Analysis, Business Models
and
> > Service Adoption Methodologies quite well.  Thanks.
> >
> > May I also suggest that we include a statement somewhere (perhaps in
the
> > Approach section?) in the doc emphasizing that the primary objective
is
> > identify the "best practices" based on empirical evidences and not
> invent
> > new methodologies or models. The "Group note on MW4D tools
landscape"
> seems
> > like an exception here, so the question is whether we can do this in
the
> > stipulated time period of this group?
> >
> > Secondly, which Group note will include the following (mentioned in
the
> > Approach section):
> >
> > "Then, in a second phase, after having studied few domains, the
group
> will
> > identify cross-sector similarities, and potential generalizations
that
> could
> > provide solutions across different domains."
> >
> > Would this also be in the first Group note?
> >
> > The Group note descriptions cover the scope briefly quite well. To
make
> > their titles to reflect the scope accurately, I feel it will be
proper
> > add the key word MW4D wherever appropriate. I mean the following:
> >

> >    1. An Interest Group Note on Domain-Specific Challenges and
> > *MW4D*Solutions
> >    2. An Interest Group Note on *MW4D* Tools Landscape
> >    3. An Interest Group Note on *MW4D* Impact Analysis Methodologies
and
> >    Results
> >    4. An Interest Group Note on *MW4D* Business Models
> >    5. An Interest Group Note on *MW4D Service* Adoption
Methodologies

This e-mail and its contents are subject to the DISCLAIMER at http://www.tno.nl/disclaimer/email.html