From: Freeman Gilmore <freeman.gilmore@gmail.com>
Date: Thursday, 31 December 2020 at 06:04
To: Glenn Linderman <v+smufl@g.nevcal.com>
Cc: public-music-notation@w3.org <public-music-notation@w3.org>
Subject: Re: Combining staff positions (additional range?)

On Wed, Dec 30, 2020 at 11:53 PM Glenn Linderman <v+smufl@g.nevcal.com<mailto:v%2Bsmufl@g.nevcal.com>> wrote:
On 12/30/2020 8:45 PM, Daniel Leeman wrote:
Let's say I am a tuba player and I want to play my low Bb (Bb1), or a flute player and I want to play a D6.

These notes are considered part of the core range of the instruments and are not written as 8va or 8vb.

It appears to me that there is no way to express these pitches with SMuFL/Bravura Text in a text editor, is that correct? I tried to combine multiple staff position characters together with no success: Combining staff positions (U+EB90–U+EB9F)

Forgive me, as a new member of the community, is using a font like Bravura Text in a web page (not a music notation program) a goal of the technology? I love the potential of it: creating small components to natively display notation on a website. But perhaps I am alone in my endeavors as the primary goal is focused solely around notation programs. I'd love to learn more!

It seems that Bravura Text is really only meant for toy examples in text editors/word processors. For complete notation, Bravura and some software to do line drawing is required.
Not sure why  line drawing.   It is not a toy in my opinion it will print the staff.   Is that the line you are talking about?

In a browser, it is pretty straightfoward to bundle small components using Bravura and SVG, and deploy them on an SVG drawn staff as appropriate.

Glenn

Product Marketing Manager
Phone: +44 20 3696 1811

Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Beim Strohhause 31, 20097 Hamburg, Germany

President: Andreas Stelling | Managing Directors: Masahiro Ikeda, Jun Nishimura
Registration Court: Hamburg HR B 86 534 | VAT ID: DE118677139

Visit the Steinberg website<http://www.steinberg.net> or connect with us on Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/Steinberg>, Twitter<http://twitter.com/steinbergmedia>, Instagram<http://www.instagram.com/steinbergmedia> and SoundCloud<http://www.soundcloud.com/steinbergmedia>.
Watch our Cubase<https://www.youtube.com/cubase>, Dorico<https://www.youtube.com/dorico>, Mobile Apps<https://www.youtube.com/mobile_apps_steinberg>, Nuendo<https://www.youtube.com/nuendo>, Steinberg<https://www.youtube.com/user/SteinbergSoftware>, Audio Interfaces<https://www.youtube.com/audiointerfaces>, VST Instruments & Plug-Ins<https://www.youtube.com/VSTinstrumentsplugins> and WaveLab<https://www.youtube.com/WaveLab> videos on YouTube.