Re: Music Exchange Architecture using MusicXML format

Hi Gert,

For some time there have been a number of companies offering platforms that
are aimed specifically at music exchange of the kind you describe, and
which support MusicXML to different degrees (Noteflight and IMSLP.org come
to mind as two of the longest-standing ones). More such services are coming
into existence. As Pavel said, I don't think you necessarily need to build
a new service to achieve the goal of cloud-based score exchange.

With regard to W3C, the mission of this Community Group is to create music
encoding standards that will make these kinds of architectures more
powerful easier to realize. However we're not attempting to specify exactly
how such platforms will work; that is up to the developer community.

Best,

Joe Berkovitz
Founder
Noteflight LLC