Re: [ACTION-487][ISSUE-97][ISSUE--118] HTML5 Defaults

From: Jirka Kosek <jirka@kosek.cz>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 19:19:20 +0200
To: Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org>
CC: Yves Savourel <ysavourel@enlaso.com>, public-multilingualweb-lt@w3.org
On 17.4.2013 19:04, Felix Sasaki wrote:

> co-chair hat on: what worries me here is timing. We have in this mail a
> new proposal to create an HTML special purpose precedence mechanism, and
> in the "Translate" defaults different types of defaults
> http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/wiki/HTML5_Defaults

If you are worried about special precedence rules, we can keep them as
is and just say that:

4. Selections via defaults for data categories.

It's not that important if defaults will provided in the prose (as at
http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/wiki/HTML5_Defaults)
or using ITS rules.

> I'm not saying we should stop this discussion - I'm just worried about
> ad hoc decisions.

I think that after that long of discussions we are probably loosing
traction of what was problem first.