From: Felix Sasaki [mailto:fsasaki@w3.org]
Sent: Tuesday, April 16, 2013 10:48 AM
To: Ankit Srivastava; Dominic Jones; Leroy Finn; Clemens Weins; Karl Fritsche; Mārcis Pinnis; 'Thomas Ruedesheim'
Cc: public-multilingualweb-lt@w3.org
Subject: [Various implementers] implementation effort for defaults (action-486 and action-489)

Dear Ankit, Dom / Leroy, Clemens / Karl, Marcis, Thomas,

we are currently discussing defaults for HTML5 processing. See the current thinking at

http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/wiki/HTML5_Defaults

With this mail I want to check whether you will have the resources needed for testing the defaults. This seems to be critical for "Translate" and "Elements Within Text", since most of the tests here have already been done. So re-doing the tests with defaults would mean:
1) not providing new input files, no need to change these
2) provide reference output files
3) provide "your" output files

I am putting Dom / Leroy into the loop as well, for the reference output files.

The proposed time line would be:

- Decide on defaults within the next week, that is by 24 April
- Start testing with defaults before the Bled f2f. Discuss testing issues in Bled
- Finalize the testing within May.

Would that work for you timewise? If I don't hear back from you I'd assume that this is OK.

Note that this topic is important for other implementers as well (e.g.
Linguaserve), but we had discussed that already during last week's call and I think we have the commitment already - let me know otherwise.

Thanks a lot for you help in advance,