lineBreakType

From: Shaun McCance <shaunm@gnome.org>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 17:56:31 -0400
To: public-multilingualweb-lt@w3.org
Two thoughts on lineBreakType:

1) The attribute name, taken on its own, implies it's something
about the content itself, rather than some storage mechanism.
I think it should be prefixed with "storage" like the other
Storage Size properties.

2) I think I was the one who brought up allowing NEL. I realize
now that XML 1.1 allows any of the following as a newline:

  U+000D U+000A
  U+000D U+0085
  U+0085
  U+2028
  U+000D
  U+000A
  U+0085

If you use U+2028 and UTF-8, that's actually three bytes. Does
anybody use XML 1.1 or U+2028? Probably somebody somewhere.

Perhaps instead of specifying the newline type of the storage
mechanism, we should instead just specify how many bytes a
newline takes up, e.g.

  storageLineBreakBytes="2"

--
Shaun