W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-multilingualweb-lt@w3.org > May 2012

[all] AGENDA MLW-LT WG, 31 May 2012 2 p.m. UTC

From: Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 19:25:35 +0200
Message-ID: <CAL58czrt1+XSGDe1AJcHcsAQODFOoDX6OS8_Pkb9JTvoEm8HgA@mail.gmail.com>
To: public-multilingualweb-lt@w3.org
For your time, see
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20120531T14&ah=1

0)
- AGENDA REVIEW
Agenda planning is based on
https://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/agenda

- ISSUES
Note: below is not a complete list, but I hope that we can move these
issues forward during the call.

1) ISSUE-23 "Re-draft section 6.6. "Removal, Archiving and Re-integration
of ITS mark-up""
Goal: create an action item to work on this

2) ISSUE-16: Parameter for rules
Goal: create an action item to work on this

3) ISSUE-15: Definition of target pointer and why it is needed
Goal: there has been a long discussion about this esp. with Yves and Shaun
- we need to decide on how to move this forward

4) ISSUE-14: Process trigger data category
Related action: ACTION-95: Delete categories from ACTION-80 unless real
world examples are provided
Goal: check the state of this

5) ISSUE-13: Cache data category needed and how?
See thread at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2012May/0155.html
Goal: get further feedback on proposal. If no disagreement, add
"localizationChache" data category, with Pedro's explanation.

6) ISSUE-20: Using ITS globally in HTML5
Goal: This probably can be closed, but we need to have edits in the draft
to reflect the proposal at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2012May/0128.html

7) ISSUE-22: Provenance and agents
Goal: Needs update, probably we need to wait on ACTION-81

8) ISSUE-9: id granularity and maintenance requirements and rules
Goal: Needs update.

9) ISSUE-3: What ontology should describe the metadata values (entity
types)?
Goal: Update after proposal from ACTION-94, see
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2012May/0175.html

10) ISSUE-12: Create a (Sentence) Segmentation Markup System compatible
with the proposed Unicode segmentation characters
Goal: probably close this until ULI has come up with another proposal?

ACTION ITEMS
https://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/actions/open

NEXT STEPS
So far we have focused our work on "it would be nice to have" data category
discussions. We have 47 data category proposals. If we count the "process"
list in sec. 6.7, we have more than 60. Now it is time for consolidation.
My proposal: action item for everybody *before the dublin workshop* to
create a description of "his" implementation:
    a) What data categories are 100% relevant for you / *might* be relevant
for you?
    b) Are there data categories missing?
    c) Which data categories are here but not clearly defined (e.g. values
for "domain")?
    d) From whom inside or outside in the working group do you need input
to solve issues about c)?

Felix

-- 
Felix Sasaki
DFKI / W3C Fellow
Received on Wednesday, 30 May 2012 17:26:04 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 16:31:44 UTC