Re: [All] domain data category section proposal, please review

Was this an area where the ISO data category registry might come into play? That is, could we declare an agreed upon selection of fairly broad top-level domains to promote interoperability while still allowing for specification by users?

Unfortunately there is a lot of complexity around this issue in general that we will not resolve and that may indeed be fundamentally unresolvable. But perhaps using the DCR as a place where domain ontologies can be declared in an authoritative resource and pointed to we could at least provide a way for someone to share what they mean.

Arle

--
Arle Lommel
Berlin, Germany

Sent from a mobile device. Please excuse any typos.