Re: [All] ITS 2.0 first draft, please review by Thursday

Hi Shaun,

2012/6/20 Shaun McCance <shaunm@gnome.org>

> On Mon, 2012-06-18 at 03:09 +0200, Felix Sasaki wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >

> > after the great success of our workshop last week, let's go into the
> > next round :)
> >

> > See the editors copy of ITS 2.0 at
> >
> http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/its20/its20.html
>
> Section 2.1.2: There's an alleged example of an absolute location
> path that doesn't start with a "/".

Sorry, I'm blind ... can you point me to the example?

> Section 4.1: I realize this is lifted verbatim from ITS 1.0, but it
> seems to indicate a schema is only conforming if it explicitly has
> ITS elements or attributes specified. But with at least RNG, it's
> possible to allow any external-namespace elements or attributes in
> specific places. Would this not be conforming?

Yes.

> Section 5.1: Says the version is "1.0". Should that be "2.0"?

Thanks for checking, fixed.

> Was there discussion of externalPlaceholder in Dublin?

No - at least I don't remember.

> It seems
> there are two implementation commitments, but it's not mentioned
> in the current draft. If I'm the only person using it, I'm happy
> to keep it as an extension. Otherwise, I could propose some text
> in the coming week.

In Dublin we decided to follow this process
https://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/wiki/Implementation_Commitments
and to concentrate on the data categories listed here. You will see that
this is only a small subset of what is in the requirements document, but a
reality check (also of implementation commitments) naturally leads to a
small list. If you want to have externalPlaceholder, please issue a "call
for consensus" mail to the public list, as indicated in the wiki.

Note also that the draft to be published soon is a first public wd. We are
very likely to publish an update a few weeks later, another version in
September, October etc. Proposals for new data categories just need to be
on the table by mid July. By new I mean not totally new (we have these in
the requirements document), but new in the wiki page at
https://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/wiki/Implementation_Commitments

HTH,

--
Felix Sasaki