From: Felix Sasaki [mailto:fsasaki@w3.org]
Sent: Saturday, June 16, 2012 6:04 AM
To: Yves Savourel
Cc: public-multilingualweb-lt@w3.org
Subject: Re: ISSUE 16: parameters for rules

Hi Yves,

wouldn't that need to conflicts between its:param and implementation specific parameters? E.g.
http://www.saxonica.com/documentation/using-xsl/commandline.xml

allows to pass parameters to XSLT, and that's just one example. Would that have precedence over its:param?

Felix

2012/6/15 Yves Savourel <ysavourel@enlaso.com>

Hi Jirka, all,

> Implementation will be very easy for XSLT based toolchains.
> I'm not sure if all pure XPath libraries are able to
> bind parameters before evaluation.

For Java there is a variable resolver the interface for using XPath.

So, should we move forward with a definition for the parameters like this?:

<its:param name="theName">theDefaultValue</its:param>

It seems to be relatively simple to implement. See the attached files.

Cheers,
-ys

--
Felix Sasaki