Re: [all] readiness and translation process parameters

Felix,
The consensus at the Dublin meeting was that the data model already
documented in the requirement doc was broadly OK, it was just the
additional attributes that needed to be addressed, hence this post to
address this. We already had 6 implementation proposals for readiness
based on this status so there's interest indicated, see:
http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/wiki/Requirements#Implementation_Proposals

So for readiness, I'm making the point that logically I don't think the
additional attribute really fit, and give a _concrete_ suggestion to
illustrate where they might be better placed that people can react to
and therefore draw the readiness issue to a close as quick as possible.

I'm not particularly championing this new transParam data category, just
pointing out this might be a way to address some of these similar issue
that people have expressed in various places (perhaps call it special
requirements - good idea, it could include postediting), again hopefully
drawing those to a close quickly. This transParam proposal obviously
punt the agreement on type and value to best practice, which mean we
could perhaps resolve the issues more quickly, but the question is does
this render the proposal too soft on interoperability to be useful?

Really these are questions for WG members representing LSP and their
clients who have to deal with these parameters in their relationships,
Pedro, Milan, Des, Jan etc

cheers,
Dave