Re: [all] suggestions for consolidating requirements

Hi Felix, guys
Yes, we discussed the need to start populating the data category
requirements at the end of the WG call yesterday.

The current set of data categories is just our initial bucket of ideas,
so I think it needs a little bit more work before investing the effort
of writing use cases, to avoid too much duplication at that stage.

We've identified around 5 obvious consolidations, so I think we should
first work through those on the list with the aim of revising them in
the requirements document within the week, and then start actioning the
authoring of use cases at the call next week. I'll send out actions
about these consolidations later today, so by the call next friday we'll
have a slightly more coherent set of data categories ready to be fleshed
out with use cases.

To lay the ground for writing the use cases, we already have a suggested
list of product classes in the requirements document at:
http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/wiki/Requirements#Product_Classes_Implementing_Requirements

I'd invite everyone to review these to make sure their individual
products are properly classified.

In addition I reintroduced a list of potential use case roles at:
http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/wiki/Requirements#Use_Case_Roles

Again, if people can familiarise themselves with these and suggest
revisions or different roles if they feel something is missing.

We could then actually put fictional people names against these roles,
out 'cast of characters' to make the use case benefits more engaging
(felix you pointed to
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/WD-media-fragments-reqs/ as a
good examples of use cases).

Finally, I'm completing an action to produce a table that gives the list
of data categories against: i) the current level of interest in the
working group, ii) the level of interest shown in the questionnaire and
iii) our perceived level of difficulty (technical and concensual) as a
tool for helping us to prioritise work. We can use this then also to
track implementation commitments as you suggest.

cheers,
Dave