Re: Practical question: elements or attributes?

On 17.4.2012 14:38, Pål Eivind J Nes wrote:
> As a stopgap solution should the attributes also use the data*
> attributes in HTML5?
>
> I.e. data-its-*

No we will not use data-* attributes, because:

1. It's ugly

2. data-* attributes are private for application, not for exchange (our
usage scenario).

We will use just its-* and create "applicable specification" in terms of
HTML5. Meanwhile I will try to relax HTML5 definition to allow its-*
attributes as a default.

    Jirka