Re: How to handle non HTML formats embedded in HTML (Re: Comment on ITS 2.0 WD-its20-20121206 - Inline global rules in XHTML)

On 1.2.2013 15:45, Shaun McCance wrote:

>> I think that story is easy there. As HTML doesn't offer real distributed
>> extensibility and lacks mechanism similar to XML namespaces you can't
>> use ITS on SVG fragment inserted inside HTML document.
>
> I thought the HTML5 spec defined including SVG and MathML in such
> a way that they're implicitly assigned their canonical namespaces
> when selected with e.g. document.evaluate. Am I misremembering?

Yes, but you can't use for example its:translate attribute on SVG
element inside HTML5 as prefixed attributes (with the exception of
xlink:href) are not permitted here.

See:
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/drafts/html/master/single-page.html#attributes-0

Very last sentence under table: "No other namespaced attribute can be
expressed in the HTML syntax."

    Jirka