From: Detlev Fischer <detlev.fischer@testkreis.de>
Sent: Tuesday, September 29, 2020 8:28 AM
To: public-mobile-a11y-tf@w3.org
Subject: Correction: I got it wrong default 16px links have height of 19px with spacing (not 24px)

Hi Kathy, all,

I got my measurement all wrong when looking at the default stacked links example
http://3needs.org/en/testing/code/target-spacing-default.html

When I measured the height of target plus spacing I did not take into account that with stacked links, it would be incorrect to measure from the top of line text below the respective target to the bottom of the line text of the link above, because the areas above and below the actual target text are still taken as default target (as indicated by the background colour and the cursor change).

It appears that in a default unordered list at 100% with no CSS applied, the 16px text link target is exactily 19px high in Firefox, there is no space in between targets. In Chrome, the target is 17 or (zoomed in) 18px high, and there is 1 px space between targets. So both are not anywhere near 24px.

Detlev