Re: FW: Pointer target size

Hi Alastair, Rachael, Chuck and MATF members,

In today's MATF meeting, we went over the latest proposed wording in this
document
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_EHFVE-p4jEtKFa2jMEUruSvu6iv-Vt7UxRW9SrHTCQ/edit>.
Jake brought up a great point with an example. It had two adjacent targets
of 12 px width with a 6 px spacing that would pass this criteria even
though each would have only 18 px in total instead of the 24 we are aiming
for (a drawing is included in the doc). It would run into similar problems
as the one before where smaller target sizes might be encouraged due to
shared spacing. To avoid that we added "non-overlapping" to the distance.

Please let me know if I can help clarify. Thank you everyone for your
patience with this!

Best,
Sukriti

PS We also looked into going with a 24X24 version of 2.5.5 (the AAA
version) but considered elements such as side rail links that aren't part
of sentences but standalone links which would fail the criteria on a large
number of websites even though those are the only targets in a 24X24 area.