RE: New SC relating to notifications of content change (was Re: Some thinking around the orientation discussion)

From: David MacDonald [mailto:david100@sympatico.ca]
Sent: Monday, May 09, 2016 3:11 PM

What do you mean "mark as important?"

Consider it a placeholder for “notify the user agent that the assistive technology should inform the user, and do whatever else we think lies within the author’s responsibility”.

Actually notifying the user can’t be a requirement, in my view, since this is often outside the author’s control and depends on assistive technologies.

Thank you for your compliance.