Re: Proposed new Customizationof shortcut SCs to reduce risk of accidental voice activation

On 21/07/2016 23:55, Kim Patch wrote:
> I don't think the on/off option is a good idea – I wouldn't want to give
> developers an easy way to simply leave a group of users out. I agree
> that if allowing the user to customize with a control key is more
> straightforward than a character sequence, it makes sense to separate
> those at different levels.

I think you're far more likely to get developers to implement at the
very least an on/off switch (and even there, it will involve potentially
adding a customisation option to sites/applications that currently may
not have any customisation options at all, so already an ask that may
involve substantial reworking for a developer) than a full-fledged
shortcut key (with/without modifier key) customisation (which will
require even more work in terms of providing customisation dialogs,
saving/persisting those choices across sessions/visits, etc).