Re: Proposal: expanding/modifying Guideline 2.1 and its SCs (2.1.1, 2.1.2, 2.1.3) to cover Touch+AT

On 12/07/2016 06:25, Gregg Vanderheiden wrote:
> Yes all of this is not surprising at all.
>
> I don’t know what it has to do with the topic at hand however. It
> doesn’t change the discussion or arguments or importance of the keyboard
> access provision. Nor does it change the fact that any other device
> independent commands should be a separate success criteria.

And nowhere did I claim that it did change the discussion or argument.
I'm simply adding information here in this thread, mainly to provide
additional data points to reinforce my point about this not being just
an issue pertaining purely to touchscreen+AT, but that there are other
input mechanisms that are not mouse/pointer based but also not
"keyboard" in the "sends keystrokes" sense that is currently defined in
WCAG 2.0

> Any really advanced technology will be programmed to interact directly
> with the content in the most efficient way that it can.
> Screen readers are another example where the access is direct it does
> not go through  the keyboard interface.
>
> This does not have anything to do with other types of ATV which function
> only through the keyboard interface. For example a sip and puff interface.

And I didn't claim it did. But thanks for jumping back into the discussion.