Re: 1100% may be physically impossible and still not achieve the results on smaller monitors

I've been teaching people with low vision transitioning to blindness for a
number of years. Usually, by the time they are at  400-500% (4x to 5x on
zoomtext), I'm saying something like this

"Ok, let's have that conversation about a dedicated screen reader again"

I had one student who was very attached to Zoom and hung on until 20x
(which allows about 5 characters wide on a 27" screen), but when I finally
convinced her to switch to a Screen Reader she said

"I can't believe I waited so long, this is sooooo much better."

I think for a user agent zoom we can't realistically be looking at more
than 300-400% ... and that will require significant testing and mockups as
a proof of concept...

The thinking in WCAG 2 was that people needing more than 200% generally
have assistive technology but I (cautiously) think we could increase that
to perhaps 400%.

Cheers,
David MacDonald

*Can**Adapt* *Solutions Inc.*