Re: Comments on proposed new SC 2.5.3

I think you accidentally only replied to me, rather than the
group...I've rejoined this to the conversation thread there.

On 20/04/2016 16:59, David MacDonald wrote:
 > Thanks Patrick
 > I've made the corrections, and added the clarifying comments.
 >
 > I think there are two minor things to decide on before release to the
 > wider WCAG:
 >
 > 1) The new handle is "Avoid accidental activation" I think we can can
 > drop the "Avoid" and just call it "Accidental Activation" with the word
 > "avoid" being implicit.

Sounds good to me.

 > 2)
 > Do we want to call it the
 > up-event
 > as a hyphenated new term, or
 > "up" event
 > with quotes around the up.
 >
 > It's a new term, so my preference would be to give it a link to the
 > glossary with a definition and call it the up-event. We don't use quotes
 > in that way around any other SC, so I'd rather define up-event.
 >
 > Proposal for a definition:
 >
 > Up-Event
 > The activation of a component when the triggering stimulus is released.

I'd maybe reword slightly and add some example to clarify the glossary
definition, along lines of

Up-Event
The event fired as part of a component's activation when the triggering
stimulus is released. For instance, in the case of a touchscreen
interaction, the event fired when a finger is lifted from the
touchscreen at the end of a tap.