Re: xml:* attributes

On 15/08/2012 22:13, John Cowan wrote:
> On reflection, I'd like to see option A-prime, in which colons are
> not allowed except in the form "xml:something".  This has no
> namespace issues and preserves compatibility with XML 1.0 NS, but
> allows the standard attributes to still work.

I don't think allowing xml: is a very big (or particularly problematic)
extension to the _markup language_ compared to "no colons" but I would
still argue against it as it only makes sense to do this if we
complicate the data model to an extent that I'm not sure makes sense for
micro-xml.

If we allow xml:id then it should be an ID. That is, it should have some
uniqueness properties and the value should work as a fragment identifier
if micro-xml documents are served with a suitable mime type.
(Your Editor's draft just reserves xml:id but explicitly makes its ID
properties out of scope. I am not sure that really helps
interoperability or compatibility with XML.)

David