Re: Subset Data Model

I think it's fine for people to have slightly different answers to the
question of "What's the point of MicroXML?".  The essential point is not
difficult to grasp: it's a "subset of XML intended for use in contexts
where full XML is, or is perceived to be, too large and complex", as the
community page states.  When we were developing XML, different participants
had very different perspectives.

We have a draft of design goals,
http://www.w3.org/community/microxml/wiki/Design_Goals, which I believe
will give us context for making decisions.

I don't think demanding that people demonstrate the point of MicroXML to
you is going to advance the discussion. I would suggest that you instead
propose concrete revisions or additions to the list of design goals.

Personally I am not interested in spending time debating whether MicroXML
will be useful or not.  I would rather spend the time trying to make it as
useful as possible.

James