Re: Fwd: change "URL" to "web address" throughout the HTML 5 spec (Issue-56 urls-webarch)

On Sat, Aug 22, 2009 at 8:28 PM, Raphaël Troncy<Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl> wrote:
> Silvia Pfeiffer a écrit :
>>
>> We just need to be clear what we mean an even if we use "URL", we
>> should probably explain at the beginning briefly what we mean by that.
>> Also, we need to be consistent.
>
> I see no reason either to change terminology.
> First, I observe we do *not* use the term URL in our document. Searching
>  for any occurrence of this term, you will find just one in the section
> 8.3.2.1.1. (SMIL state of the art) which could be replaced.
> We use the term URI as it is defined in RFC3986.

The term URI doesn't seem to include relative references according to
what I forwarded. So, the creation of web addresses such as
"../test/video.ogv#t=12.50" is not covered when using the term URI.
This was what triggered my email.