Re: Fwd: video size when aspect ratio is not 1

On Sat, 22 Aug 2009 12:22:38 +0200, Raphaël Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>
wrote:

>> just came across this on whatwg. I think it also applies to our aspect
>> fragment addressing, right?
>
> Indeed. The aspect ratio is defined in our document as a way to crop an
> image to a centered area given the defined aspect ratio. We then write:
> "The original media is cropped either horizontally or vertically to the
> maximum size that has the given aspect ratio."
> I realize that we have no use case that clearly shows the need for such
> a feature. Perhaps we could add one, what do you think?

Why does MF need to define any UI or rendering? If it does, it only risks
being subtly incompatible with other specs (notably HTML5). The scope
should be simply stating what the time range is, what the aspect ratio is
and so on and letting the rest be external to MF.

--
Philip Jägenstedt
Opera Software