Re: [Exposed] attribute on our APIs

On 21/05/2015 01:01, Mathieu Hofman wrote:

> However I'm confused by the relation with the likeliness of this
> being quickly implemented by browsers. There are plenty of other
> specs which have parts that are not implemented for years even after
> reaching Candidate Recommendation. A relevant example is the ability
> to use a WebSocket in a Web Worker, which has been part of the 2012
> CR and has only landed in Firefox as of version 38.

Right, but for a spec to be stuck in Candidate Recommendation for 3
years because some of its features aren't being implemented is part of
what I would prefer we avoid with Media Capture and Streams.

> If we can agree
> on the spec, and that implementors agree it's feasible (though
> possibly complex), would it be possible to include this in the
> current version?

Nothing prevents us to do so; but this would have the negative effect of
making our time spent in CR probably quite long.

Meanwhile, nothing prevents us to start a new version of the Media
Capture and Streams spec (or an extension to it) now (or soon) to start
specifying features we know we want but we don't think we can get in a
similar schedule as what we already have in the current spec.

Dom