Re: Media Capture Task Force potential new work items

From: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2015 13:56:22 +0200
To: "Kostiainen, Anssi" <anssi.kostiainen@intel.com>, Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no>, Stefan Håkansson LK <stefan.lk.hakansson@ericsson.com>
CC: "public-media-capture@w3.org" <public-media-capture@w3.org>, Chia-Hung Tai <ctai@mozilla.com>
On 12/06/2015 13:27, Kostiainen, Anssi wrote:
> To add to that Media Capture TF list, I think there might also be
> some new work items that could fit into the TF scope and benefit from
> F2F discussion. With that, I agree it makes sense to look at the
> split closer to the meeting.
>
> A concrete example of potential new work items: the VideoWorker and
> ImageBitmap extensions proposals by Mozilla [2] (as a response to
> [3]) received positive signals from group participants. We, the Depth
> Stream Extensions editors, have looked at these proposals in more
> detail and think these APIs would fit in nicely from the technical
> perspective.

I think these items could probably fit under the scope of the task
force; the Chairs would have indicate whether they agree and more
importantly, whether they think this task force has the appropriate work
force and momentum for it.

An alternative would be to look at ongoing discussions around the
chartering of Media Working Group:
https://github.com/w3c/charter-html/issues/14
http://github.adrianba.net/webstandards/timed-media-wg.htm

It is of course far from being confirmed at this point, but my guess is
that this new group would be a better fit to standardize what sound like
important new primitives in the media space.

Dom

> [2]
> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-capture/2015Apr/0024.html

[3]