Re: getUserMedia() and authenticated origins

On Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 1:00 AM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl> wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 28, 2014 at 11:17 PM, Eric Rescorla <ekr@rtfm.com> wrote:
> > I don't have one. I suggest you start by going through the slides and
> > if that doesn't give satisfaction, go to the recordings.
>
> You claimed this was discussed extensively. From the recorded minutes
> there is no such evidence.I suggest again we have this debate here on

a public mailing list, so the arguments are more readily available. I
> don't think it's acceptable to keep sending me into the weeds to find
> tracts of evidence this was actually discussed

Well, we *are* having this debate now. You've made a proposal that
we add a new restriction that the specification doesn't currently
have. If that idea gets consensus it will go into the document.

A number of people have told you that they don't think that's
a good idea and offered technical reasons. So far I don't see you
actually getting much support. I'll leave it to the chairs to decide
how best to proceed.

-Ekr