Re: Status of Promise's in gUM discussion

Stefan,

I don't think this is an accurate summary of the situation.

When I proposed the compromise in your CfC, it was intended as a package
deal.
I certainly am not OK with moving to promises on these APIs without a
backward
compatibility story as well. I suspect that others feel the same.

If you want to declare consensus on just the points you have here, you need
to do a separate consensus call on adding promises *regardless* of backwards
compatibility.

-Ekr