Re: Strawman Promises consensus position, based on Thursday's telechat

On 6 October 2014 23:28, Adam Bergkvist <adam.bergkvist@ericsson.com> wrote:
> There's one point above that says "navigator.getUserMedia has callbacks".
> Should this be reflected in the document, and if so, how?

I believe that navigator.getUserMedia should be defined as being equivalent to:

navigator.getUserMedia = function(constraints, successCallback,
failureCallback) {
  let result = navigator.mediaDevices.getUserMedia(constraints);
  result.then(successCallback, failureCallback);
  return result;
}

This removes successCallback and failureCallback from the promise
chain, but it also ensures that you don't get any weird problems when
the callbacks return promises, or throw exceptions.