Re: Syntax of new constraint proposal

On 5/18/2014 10:29 PM, Martin Thomson wrote:
> I've been thinking of "advanced" as "fallback". The problem is that I
> think we decided to put the advanced stuff first, which is immensely
> unintuitive to me.

The advanced stuff is deterministic, while the non-required stuff is
less so (UA-ordered), was the reasoning, so put the deterministic stuff
first to keep it deterministic.

In practice only a masochist would use both ways of entering optional
constraints in the same call, as the difference is marginal. Advanced
gives you more control, it is not a fallback, in my mind.

.: Jan-Ivar :.