Re: Screen sharing

From: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2014 15:01:35 -0700
To: cowwoc <cowwoc@bbs.darktech.org>
Cc: "public-media-capture@w3.org" <public-media-capture@w3.org>
On 24 April 2014 14:54, cowwoc <cowwoc@bbs.darktech.org> wrote:
> It seems kind of odd though. Isn't there a Windows API to capture pixels
> directly from a window's surface area (as opposed to the rendered result on
> the screen)?

I believe that this is possible on various operating systems, yes.
The point here is that we would not want to exploit that capability,
or though we might do that, additional steps would have to be taken to
freeze or grey areas that become occluded.

This isn't a certain thing either way, because some platforms don't
really have the concept of windows.  iOS for example doesn't work that
way.  We'll have to think about those platforms differently.