Re: Proposal for output device selection

From: Chris Wilson <cwilso@google.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 16:22:09 -0700
To: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
In particular, the digital audio workstation type case - or any music app
that wants access to multiple hardware interfaces, like a DJ app that has a
cue output as well as a mains output - typically has to leave this up to
the user, since it's hard to semantically define the "roles" of different
devices (sometimes there's no semantic difference - I just have two
four-track interfaces, and I want to have eight tracks of output, etc.)