Re: recording

On 2012-11-16 10:20, Sunyang (Eric) wrote:

> [...]
[...]
>> I liked the old requestData() rather than getData(). If a method is
>> prefixed "get" it's tempting to read a return value.
>>

> Any difference? getData can return a BLOB object, requestData also do the same thing.

getData() can't return a Blob since the operations involved in preparing
the return value could be time consuming and block the event loop too
long. getData()/requestData() is more a request to fire the
"dataavailable" event with new data as soon as possible. That's why I
like the requestData() name better.

/Adam