RE: Synchronous getUserMedia proposal

I like this approach from Travis based on a source-pipe/filter-sink model of streams where each part can be substituted without impacting the others.

In terms of where to put constraints, I think it's better to specify them on the pipe, e.g. new MediaStreamTrack("video"). This way, the JS can control the stream track based on what constraints it has satisfied.

It's also ok to specify all constraints in getUserMedia() to avoid potential conflicts between constraints in two different places.
In that case, it is useful to have a read-only attribute on the pipe, e.g. videoPlaceHolder.constraints, to retrieve the constraints that it has satisfied.

Thanks.
Li