W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-media-annotation@w3.org > January 2014

[Minutes] 2014-01-13 Digital Publishing Interest Group Teleconference

From: Thierry MICHEL <tmichel@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 09:07:53 +0100
Message-ID: <52D4F059.7020800@w3.org>
To: "public-media-annotation@w3.org" <public-media-annotation@w3.org>, W3C Digital Publishing IG <public-digipub-ig@w3.org>
Hi all,

The minutes of the Digital Publishing Interest Group Teleconference 
dated 2014-01-13 are now available at

http://www.w3.org/2013/dpub-IG-minutes/2014-01-13

These public minutes are also linked  from the dpub wiki
http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Meetings

Also find these minutes in a text version following, for your convenience.

Best,

Thierry Michel


Digital Publishing Interest Group Teleconference

Minutes of 13 January 2014

    Seen
           [1]Alan Stearns, [2]Ben Ko, [3]Bert Bos, [4]Bill
           Kasdorf, [5]Brady Duga, [6]Dave Cramer, [7]Dmitry
           Shkolnik, [8]Frederick Hirsch, [9]Gerardo Capiel,
           [10]Ivan Herman, [11]Jean Kaplansky, [12]Laura Fowler,
           [13]Liam Quin, [14]Liza Daly, [15]Luc Audrain, [16]Madi
           Solomon, [17]Markus Gylling, [18]Robert Sanderson,
           [19]Sharad Garg, [20]Thierry Michel, [21]Tom De Nies,
           [22]Tzviya Siegman, Unknown AWK, [23]Vladimir
           Levantovsky

       [1] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Alan_Stearns
       [2] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Ben_Ko
       [3] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Bert_Bos
       [4] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Bill_Kasdorf
       [5] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Brady_Duga
       [6] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Dave_Cramer
       [7] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Dmitry_Shkolnik
       [8] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Frederick_Hirsch
       [9] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Gerardo_Capiel
      [10] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Ivan_Herman
      [11] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Jean_Kaplansky
      [12] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Laura_Fowler
      [13] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Liam_Quin
      [14] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Liza_Daly
      [15] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Luc_Audrain
      [16] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Madi_Solomon
      [17] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling
      [18] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Robert_Sanderson
      [19] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Sharad_Garg
      [20] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Thierry_Michel
      [21] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Tom_De_Nies
      [22] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Tzviya_Siegman
      [23] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Vladimir_Levantovsky

    Regrets
           [24]Brady Duga, [25]Vladimir Levantovsky, [26]Laura
           Fowler, [27]Jean Kaplansky

      [24] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Brady_Duga
      [25] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Vladimir_Levantovsky
      [26] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Laura_Fowler
      [27] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Jean_Kaplansky

    Scribe
           [28]Robert Sanderson

      [28] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Robert_Sanderson

    IRC Log
           [29]Original

      [29] http://www.w3.org/2014/01/13-dpub-irc

    Resolutions
           None.

    Topics

15:41:05 <RRSAgent> logging to http://www.w3.org/2014/01/13-dpub-irc

    RRSAgent IRC Bot: logging to
    [30]http://www.w3.org/2014/01/13-dpub-irc [31]←
15:41:07 <trackbot> RRSAgent, make logs public

      [30] http://www.w3.org/2014/01/13-dpub-irc

    Trackbot IRC Bot: RRSAgent, make logs public [32]←
15:41:09 <trackbot> Zakim, this will be dpub

    Trackbot IRC Bot: Zakim, this will be dpub [33]←
15:41:09 <Zakim> ok, trackbot; I see DPUB_DPUBIG()11:00AM scheduled to s
tart in 19 minutes

    Zakim IRC Bot: ok, trackbot; I see DPUB_DPUBIG()11:00AM
    scheduled to start in 19 minutes [34]←
15:41:10 <trackbot> Meeting: Digital Publishing Interest Group Teleconfe
rence
15:41:10 <trackbot> Date: 13 January 2014
15:51:42 <Zakim> DPUB_DPUBIG()11:00AM has now started

    (No events recorded for 10 minutes)

    Zakim IRC Bot: DPUB_DPUBIG()11:00AM has now started [35]←
15:51:49 <Zakim> +Liza

    Zakim IRC Bot: +Liza [36]←
15:53:59 <Zakim> +dauwhe

    Zakim IRC Bot: +dauwhe [37]←
15:54:24 <azaroth> I can scribe today?

    [38]Robert Sanderson: I can scribe today? [39]←
15:55:05 <Zakim> +azaroth

      [38] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Robert_Sanderson

    Zakim IRC Bot: +azaroth [40]←
15:57:36 <Zakim> +Tzviya

    Zakim IRC Bot: +Tzviya [41]←
15:57:58 <ivan> zakim, dial ivan-voip

    [42]Ivan Herman: zakim, dial ivan-voip [43]←
15:57:58 <Zakim> ok, ivan; the call is being made

      [42] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Ivan_Herman

    Zakim IRC Bot: ok, ivan; the call is being made [44]←
15:58:00 <Zakim> +Ivan

    Zakim IRC Bot: +Ivan [45]←
15:58:31 <ivan> Regrets: Vlad, Laura, Brady
15:59:21 <Zakim> +Stearns

    Zakim IRC Bot: +Stearns [46]←
15:59:42 <Zakim> +??P37

    Zakim IRC Bot: +??P37 [47]←
15:59:51 <mgylling> zakim, ??P37 is me

    [48]Markus Gylling: zakim, ??P37 is me [49]←
15:59:51 <Zakim> +mgylling; got it

      [48] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    Zakim IRC Bot: +mgylling; got it [50]←
15:59:59 <Zakim> +Bill_Kasdorf

    Zakim IRC Bot: +Bill_Kasdorf [51]←
16:00:23 <lizadaly> I hear plenty of beeping

    [52]Liza Daly: I hear plenty of beeping [53]←
16:01:13 <Zakim> +Bert

      [52] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Liza_Daly

    Zakim IRC Bot: +Bert [54]←
16:01:19 <Zakim> +laudrain

    Zakim IRC Bot: +laudrain [55]←
16:01:34 <Zakim> +benjaminsko

    Zakim IRC Bot: +benjaminsko [56]←
16:01:39 <dauwhe> Is the conference line actually working? I've heard no
  human voices.

    [57]Dave Cramer: Is the conference line actually working? I've
    heard no human voices. [58]←
16:01:43 <Zakim> +??P48

      [57] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Dave_Cramer

    Zakim IRC Bot: +??P48 [59]←
16:01:56 <lizadaly> I just say 'hello' but heard nothing back

    [60]Liza Daly: I just say 'hello' but heard nothing back [61]←
16:02:02 <lizadaly> so I guess that's a 'no'

      [60] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Liza_Daly

    [62]Liza Daly: so I guess that's a 'no' [63]←
16:02:02 <Zakim> +AWK

      [62] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Liza_Daly

    Zakim IRC Bot: +AWK [64]←
16:02:03 <gcapiel> Zakim, ??P48 is me

    [65]Gerardo Capiel: Zakim, ??P48 is me [66]←
16:02:03 <Zakim> +gcapiel; got it

      [65] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Gerardo_Capiel

    Zakim IRC Bot: +gcapiel; got it [67]←
16:02:05 <dauwhe> I've heard nothing.

    [68]Dave Cramer: I've heard nothing. [69]←
16:02:14 <azaroth> Other than beeps

      [68] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Dave_Cramer

    [70]Robert Sanderson: Other than beeps [71]←
16:02:15 <ivan> heh neither do I

      [70] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Robert_Sanderson

    [72]Ivan Herman: heh neither do I [73]←
16:02:24 <mgylling> /me its a tibetan-style concall this week

      [72] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Ivan_Herman

    [74]Markus Gylling: /me its a tibetan-style concall this week
    [75]←
16:02:26 <Luc> neither do i

      [74] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    [76]Luc Audrain: neither do i [77]←
16:02:27 <Zakim> -AWK

      [76] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Luc_Audrain

    Zakim IRC Bot: -AWK [78]←
16:02:28 <lizadaly> I assume Markus is just bored

    [79]Liza Daly: I assume Markus is just bored [80]←
16:02:57 <Zakim> +AWK

      [79] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Liza_Daly

    Zakim IRC Bot: +AWK [81]←
16:03:09 <dauwhe> Zakim, wtf?

    [82]Dave Cramer: Zakim, wtf? [83]←
16:03:09 <Zakim> I don't understand your question, dauwhe.

      [82] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Dave_Cramer

    Zakim IRC Bot: I don't understand your question, dauwhe. [84]←
16:03:15 <ivan> :-)

    [85]Ivan Herman: :-) [86]←
16:03:22 <mgylling> Zakim, get your friggin act together

      [85] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Ivan_Herman

    [87]Markus Gylling: Zakim, get your friggin act together [88]←
16:03:22 <Zakim> I don't understand 'get your friggin act together', mgy
lling

      [87] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    Zakim IRC Bot: I don't understand 'get your friggin act
    together', mgylling [89]←
16:03:24 <lizadaly> Zakim has a case of the Mondays

    [90]Liza Daly: Zakim has a case of the Mondays [91]←
16:03:25 <azaroth> zakim, who is making noise?

      [90] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Liza_Daly

    [92]Robert Sanderson: zakim, who is making noise? [93]←
16:03:27 <Zakim> +Sharad_Garg

      [92] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Robert_Sanderson

    Zakim IRC Bot: +Sharad_Garg [94]←
16:03:28 <Zakim> +[Ugent]

    Zakim IRC Bot: +[Ugent] [95]←
16:03:36 <Zakim> azaroth, listening for 10 seconds I could not identify
any sounds

    Zakim IRC Bot: azaroth, listening for 10 seconds I could not
    identify any sounds [96]←
16:03:36 <TomDN> Zakim, [Ugent] is me

    [97]Tom De Nies: Zakim, [Ugent] is me [98]←
16:03:37 <Zakim> +TomDN; got it

      [97] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Tom_De_Nies

    Zakim IRC Bot: +TomDN; got it [99]←
16:03:42 <TomDN> zakim, mute me

    [100]Tom De Nies: zakim, mute me [101]←
16:03:42 <Zakim> TomDN was already muted, TomDN

     [100] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Tom_De_Nies

    Zakim IRC Bot: TomDN was already muted, TomDN [102]←
16:03:42 <azaroth> zakim, correct :(

    [103]Robert Sanderson: zakim, correct :( [104]←
16:03:43 <Zakim> I don't understand 'correct :(', azaroth

     [103] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Robert_Sanderson

    Zakim IRC Bot: I don't understand 'correct :(', azaroth [105]←
16:03:53 <mgylling> ivan, should we restart or sth?

    [106]Markus Gylling: ivan, should we restart or sth? [107]←
16:03:56 <azaroth> zakim, unmute me

     [106] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    [108]Robert Sanderson: zakim, unmute me [109]←
16:03:57 <Zakim> azaroth should no longer be muted

     [108] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Robert_Sanderson

    Zakim IRC Bot: azaroth should no longer be muted [110]←
16:04:05 <lizadaly> Hear that!

    [111]Liza Daly: Hear that! [112]←
16:04:10 <mgylling> zakim, unmute me

     [111] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Liza_Daly

    [113]Markus Gylling: zakim, unmute me [114]←
16:04:10 <Zakim> mgylling should no longer be muted

     [113] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    Zakim IRC Bot: mgylling should no longer be muted [115]←
16:04:13 <lizadaly> zakim, unmute me

    [116]Liza Daly: zakim, unmute me [117]←
16:04:13 <Zakim> sorry, lizadaly, I do not know which phone connection b
elongs to you

     [116] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Liza_Daly

    Zakim IRC Bot: sorry, lizadaly, I do not know which phone
    connection belongs to you [118]←
16:04:18 <Bill_Kasdorf> I can hear now

    [119]Bill Kasdorf: I can hear now [120]←
16:04:31 <TomDN> Zakim, who is on the phone?

     [119] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Bill_Kasdorf

    [121]Tom De Nies: Zakim, who is on the phone? [122]←
16:04:31 <Zakim> On the phone I see Liza (muted), dauwhe (muted), azarot
h, Tzviya (muted), Ivan (muted), Stearns (muted), mgylling, Bill_Kasdorf
  (muted), Bert (muted), laudrain (muted), benjaminsko

     [121] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Tom_De_Nies

    Zakim IRC Bot: On the phone I see Liza (muted), dauwhe (muted),
    azaroth, Tzviya (muted), Ivan (muted), Stearns (muted),
    mgylling, Bill_Kasdorf (muted), Bert (muted), laudrain (muted),
    benjaminsko [123]←
16:04:35 <Zakim> ... (muted), gcapiel (muted), AWK (muted), Sharad_Garg
(muted), TomDN (muted)

    Zakim IRC Bot: ... (muted), gcapiel (muted), AWK (muted),
    Sharad_Garg (muted), TomDN (muted) [124]←
16:04:39 <ivan> zakim, unmute me

    [125]Ivan Herman: zakim, unmute me [126]←
16:04:39 <Zakim> Ivan should no longer be muted

     [125] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Ivan_Herman

    Zakim IRC Bot: Ivan should no longer be muted [127]←
16:04:41 <dauwhe> Zakim, unmute me

    [128]Dave Cramer: Zakim, unmute me [129]←
16:04:42 <Zakim> dauwhe should no longer be muted

     [128] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Dave_Cramer

    Zakim IRC Bot: dauwhe should no longer be muted [130]←
16:04:42 <mgylling> zakim, umnmute all

    [131]Markus Gylling: zakim, umnmute all [132]←
16:04:43 <Zakim> I don't understand 'umnmute all', mgylling

     [131] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    Zakim IRC Bot: I don't understand 'umnmute all', mgylling
    [133]←
16:04:46 <astearns> zakim, unmute me

    [134]Alan Stearns: zakim, unmute me [135]←
16:04:46 <Zakim> sorry, astearns, I do not know which phone connection b
elongs to you

     [134] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Alan_Stearns

    Zakim IRC Bot: sorry, astearns, I do not know which phone
    connection belongs to you [136]←
16:04:48 <lizadaly> How do I tell it which line I'm on?

    [137]Liza Daly: How do I tell it which line I'm on? [138]←
16:04:50 <Luc> zakim, unmute me

     [137] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Liza_Daly

    [139]Luc Audrain: zakim, unmute me [140]←
16:04:50 <Zakim> sorry, Luc, I do not know which phone connection belong
s to you

     [139] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Luc_Audrain

    Zakim IRC Bot: sorry, Luc, I do not know which phone connection
    belongs to you [141]←
16:04:57 <azaroth> zakim, unmute sharad_garg

    [142]Robert Sanderson: zakim, unmute sharad_garg [143]←
16:04:57 <Zakim> Sharad_Garg should no longer be muted

     [142] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Robert_Sanderson

    Zakim IRC Bot: Sharad_Garg should no longer be muted [144]←
16:04:58 <astearns> zakim, unmute stearns

    [145]Alan Stearns: zakim, unmute stearns [146]←
16:04:58 <Zakim> Stearns should no longer be muted

     [145] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Alan_Stearns

    Zakim IRC Bot: Stearns should no longer be muted [147]←
16:05:06 <gcapiel> Zakim, unmute MemoServ

    [148]Gerardo Capiel: Zakim, unmute MemoServ [149]←
16:05:08 <Zakim> sorry, gcapiel, I do not know which phone connection be
longs to MemoServ

     [148] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Gerardo_Capiel

    Zakim IRC Bot: sorry, gcapiel, I do not know which phone
    connection belongs to MemoServ [150]←
16:05:08 <dshkolnik> Zakim, unmute

    [151]Dmitry Shkolnik: Zakim, unmute [152]←
16:05:08 <Zakim> I don't understand 'unmute', dshkolnik

     [151] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Dmitry_Shkolnik

    Zakim IRC Bot: I don't understand 'unmute', dshkolnik [153]←
16:05:15 <ivan> zakim, unmute lizadaly

    [154]Ivan Herman: zakim, unmute lizadaly [155]←
16:05:15 <Zakim> sorry, ivan, I do not know which phone connection belon
gs to lizadaly

     [154] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Ivan_Herman

    Zakim IRC Bot: sorry, ivan, I do not know which phone
    connection belongs to lizadaly [156]←
16:05:16 <azaroth> zakim, unmute tzviya

    [157]Robert Sanderson: zakim, unmute tzviya [158]←
16:05:16 <Zakim> Tzviya should no longer be muted

     [157] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Robert_Sanderson

    Zakim IRC Bot: Tzviya should no longer be muted [159]←
16:05:19 <dshkolnik> Zakim, unmute me

    [160]Dmitry Shkolnik: Zakim, unmute me [161]←
16:05:19 <Zakim> sorry, dshkolnik, I do not know which phone connection
belongs to you

     [160] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Dmitry_Shkolnik

    Zakim IRC Bot: sorry, dshkolnik, I do not know which phone
    connection belongs to you [162]←
16:05:21 <Bill_Kasdorf> I mute and unmute locally. Since I can hear, do
I need to unmute on Zakim?

    [163]Bill Kasdorf: I mute and unmute locally. Since I can hear,
    do I need to unmute on Zakim? [164]←
16:05:23 <gcapiel> Zakim, unmute me

     [163] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Bill_Kasdorf

    [165]Gerardo Capiel: Zakim, unmute me [166]←
16:05:23 <Zakim> gcapiel should no longer be muted

     [165] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Gerardo_Capiel

    Zakim IRC Bot: gcapiel should no longer be muted [167]←
16:05:29 <azaroth> zakim, who is on the phone

    [168]Robert Sanderson: zakim, who is on the phone [169]←
16:05:29 <Zakim> I don't understand 'who is on the phone', azaroth

     [168] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Robert_Sanderson

    Zakim IRC Bot: I don't understand 'who is on the phone',
    azaroth [170]←
16:05:40 <azaroth> zakim, who is on the phone?

    [171]Robert Sanderson: zakim, who is on the phone? [172]←
16:05:40 <Zakim> On the phone I see Liza (muted), dauwhe, azaroth, Tzviy
a, Ivan, Stearns, mgylling, Bill_Kasdorf (muted), Bert, laudrain, benjam
insko (muted), gcapiel, AWK (muted), Sharad_Garg,

     [171] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Robert_Sanderson

    Zakim IRC Bot: On the phone I see Liza (muted), dauwhe,
    azaroth, Tzviya, Ivan, Stearns, mgylling, Bill_Kasdorf (muted),
    Bert, laudrain, benjaminsko (muted), gcapiel, AWK (muted),
    Sharad_Garg, [173]←
16:05:43 <Zakim> ... TomDN (muted)

    Zakim IRC Bot: ... TomDN (muted) [174]←
16:05:47 <Zakim> +tm

    Zakim IRC Bot: +tm [175]←
16:05:55 <azaroth> scribe: azaroth

    (Scribe set to [176]Robert Sanderson)
16:05:56 <Liza> zakim, unmute me

     [176] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Robert_Sanderson

    [177]Liza Daly: zakim, unmute me [178]←
16:05:56 <Zakim> Liza should no longer be muted

     [177] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Liza_Daly

    Zakim IRC Bot: Liza should no longer be muted [179]←
16:06:02 <Liza> BOOM

    [180]Liza Daly: BOOM [181]←
16:06:05 <tmichel> zakim, tm is tmichel

     [180] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Liza_Daly

    [182]Thierry Michel: zakim, tm is tmichel [183]←
16:06:05 <Zakim> +tmichel; got it

     [182] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Thierry_Michel

    Zakim IRC Bot: +tmichel; got it [184]←
16:06:10 <Bill_Kasdorf> How?

    [185]Bill Kasdorf: How? [186]←
16:06:11 <Zakim> +[IPcaller]

     [185] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Bill_Kasdorf

    Zakim IRC Bot: +[IPcaller] [187]←
16:06:15 <fjh> zakim, IPcaller is me

    [188]Frederick Hirsch: zakim, IPcaller is me [189]←
16:06:15 <Zakim> +fjh; got it

     [188] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Frederick_Hirsch

    Zakim IRC Bot: +fjh; got it [190]←
16:06:21 <azaroth> zakim, who is making noise?

    zakim, who is making noise? [191]←
16:06:26 <fjh> zakim, who is here?

    [192]Frederick Hirsch: zakim, who is here? [193]←
16:06:26 <Zakim> On the phone I see Liza, dauwhe, azaroth, Tzviya, Ivan,
  Stearns, mgylling, Bill_Kasdorf (muted), Bert, laudrain, benjaminsko (m
uted), gcapiel, AWK, Sharad_Garg, TomDN (muted),

     [192] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Frederick_Hirsch

    Zakim IRC Bot: On the phone I see Liza, dauwhe, azaroth,
    Tzviya, Ivan, Stearns, mgylling, Bill_Kasdorf (muted), Bert,
    laudrain, benjaminsko (muted), gcapiel, AWK, Sharad_Garg, TomDN
    (muted), [194]←
16:06:30 <Zakim> ... tmichel (muted), fjh (muted)

    Zakim IRC Bot: ... tmichel (muted), fjh (muted) [195]←
16:06:30 <Zakim> On IRC I see TomDN, Sharad, benjaminsko, dshkolnik, Ber
t, gcapiel, fjh, Bill_Kasdorf, mgylling, Luc, tzviya, Liza, azaroth, Zak
im, RRSAgent, tmichel, ivan, dauwhe, plinss,

    Zakim IRC Bot: On IRC I see TomDN, Sharad, benjaminsko,
    dshkolnik, Bert, gcapiel, fjh, Bill_Kasdorf, mgylling, Luc,
    tzviya, Liza, azaroth, Zakim, RRSAgent, tmichel, ivan, dauwhe,
    plinss, [196]←
16:06:30 <Zakim> ... astearns, liam, trackbot

    Zakim IRC Bot: ... astearns, liam, trackbot [197]←
16:06:31 <Zakim> azaroth, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from th
e following: dauwhe (4%), Ivan (25%), laudrain (42%)

    Zakim IRC Bot: azaroth, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound
    from the following: dauwhe (4%), Ivan (25%), laudrain (42%)
    [198]←
16:07:01 <fjh> zakim, unmute me

    [199]Frederick Hirsch: zakim, unmute me [200]←
16:07:01 <Zakim> fjh should no longer be muted

     [199] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Frederick_Hirsch

    Zakim IRC Bot: fjh should no longer be muted [201]←
16:07:05 <Zakim> +Liam

    Zakim IRC Bot: +Liam [202]←
16:07:29 <Bill_Kasdorf> 60#

    [203]Bill Kasdorf: 60# [204]←
16:07:43 <azaroth> Markus:  As we decided last week, another week on Lat
inReq focus.  We ended the last call thinking we scratched the surface,
so will continue another week

     [203] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Bill_Kasdorf

    [205]Markus Gylling: As we decided last week, another week on
    LatinReq focus. We ended the last call thinking we scratched
    the surface, so will continue another week [206]←
16:07:59 <azaroth> ... before we do that we need to approve previous mee
tings minutes

     [205] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    ... before we do that we need to approve previous meetings
    minutes [207]←
16:08:06 <azaroth> ... Approved

    ... Approved [208]←
16:08:44 <azaroth> Ivan: An admin thing before we start, I just want to
warn you that we had a security breach at W3C.

    [209]Ivan Herman: An admin thing before we start, I just want
    to warn you that we had a security breach at W3C. [210]←
16:08:53 <azaroth> ... at some point you may be asked to change your pas
sword.

     [209] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Ivan_Herman

    ... at some point you may be asked to change your password.
    [211]←
16:09:15 <azaroth> ... When you try to log in to a member restricted are
a, you'll be asked to change.  We're testing the system now with the tea
m.

    ... When you try to log in to a member restricted area, you'll
    be asked to change. We're testing the system now with the team.
    [212]←
16:09:29 <azaroth> ???: When we see that, we should just go ahead and ch
ange it?

    [213]Frederick Hirsch: When we see that, we should just go
    ahead and change it? [214]←
16:09:40 <fjh> s/???/fjh/
16:09:43 <azaroth> Ivan: Yes, you can postpone for two weeks, but will n
eed to do it at some point

     [213] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Frederick_Hirsch

    [215]Ivan Herman: Yes, you can postpone for two weeks, but will
    need to do it at some point [216]←
16:10:02 <azaroth> Markus: Dave, can you give a quick recap of what we c
overed last week to get back into the mode?

     [215] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Ivan_Herman

    [217]Markus Gylling: Dave, can you give a quick recap of what
    we covered last week to get back into the mode? [218]←
16:10:41 <azaroth> dauwhe: I droned on about dropcaps for a while, some
low hanging fruit for CSS. talked about some issues people are having in
  ebook systems, such as hyphenation and justification

     [217] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    [219]Dave Cramer: I droned on about dropcaps for a while, some
    low hanging fruit for CSS. talked about some issues people are
    having in ebook systems, such as hyphenation and justification
    [220]←
16:11:08 <azaroth> ... We talked about image and caption sizing, quite a
  bit about various efforts to bring typographic sophistication to the we
b.

     [219] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Dave_Cramer

    ... We talked about image and caption sizing, quite a bit about
    various efforts to bring typographic sophistication to the web.
    [221]←
16:11:46 <azaroth> ... On Sunday I updated latinreq document, alan sent
a nice intro text on grids.  Added a section about justification and hyp
henation, as a concern for a lot of us.

    ... On Sunday I updated latinreq document, alan sent a nice
    intro text on grids. Added a section about justification and
    hyphenation, as a concern for a lot of us. [222]←
16:12:03 <azaroth> ... so I thought today we could talk about that this
week, and about grids and underlying issues they may solve

    ... so I thought today we could talk about that this week, and
    about grids and underlying issues they may solve [223]←
16:12:19 <azaroth> ... Just sent the list a detailed email about table a
lignment.

    ... Just sent the list a detailed email about table alignment.
    [224]←
16:12:28 <azaroth> ... Anything I forgot to mention?

    ... Anything I forgot to mention? [225]←
16:12:41 <Zakim> +madi

    Zakim IRC Bot: +madi [226]←
16:13:00 <azaroth> Markus: We had email thread from last week where ben
and luke posted some issues.  Felt to me like if we cover table alignmen
t and so on today, that's a good amount

    [227]Markus Gylling: We had email thread from last week where
    ben and luke posted some issues. Felt to me like if we cover
    table alignment and so on today, that's a good amount [228]←
16:13:17 <azaroth> ... tell us about H. and Justi~n and where we should
end up?

     [227] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    ... tell us about H. and Justi~n and where we should end up?
    [229]←
16:13:42 <astearns> dauwhe: could you post latinreq URL? The task force
wiki page has the wrong link.

    [230]Dave Cramer: could you post latinreq URL? The task force
    wiki page has the wrong link. [ Scribe Assist by [231]Alan
    Stearns ] [232]←
16:13:54 <azaroth> Dave: A couple of things.  I wonder if we're at the p
oint where we or some other group need to be detailed about what we want
  to see. What does it mean for a book reading system to do a good job wi
th the text

     [230] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Dave_Cramer
     [231] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Alan_Stearns

    [233]Dave Cramer: A couple of things. I wonder if we're at the
    point where we or some other group need to be detailed about
    what we want to see. What does it mean for a book reading
    system to do a good job with the text [234]←
16:13:56 <dauwhe> http://w3c.github.io/dpub-pagination/index.html

     [233] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Dave_Cramer

    [235]Dave Cramer:
    [236]http://w3c.github.io/dpub-pagination/index.html [237]←
16:14:00 <tzviya> http://w3c.github.io/dpub-pagination/

     [235] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Dave_Cramer
     [236] http://w3c.github.io/dpub-pagination/index.html

    [238]Tzviya Siegman: [239]http://w3c.github.io/dpub-pagination/
    [240]←
16:14:41 <azaroth> ... so one possibility on Hypenation... a lot depends
  on dictionaries.  Had experience with good and bad ones. Is it possible
  to say which is good or not so good with various languages?

     [238] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Tzviya_Siegman
     [239] http://w3c.github.io/dpub-pagination/

    ... so one possibility on Hypenation... a lot depends on
    dictionaries. Had experience with good and bad ones. Is it
    possible to say which is good or not so good with various
    languages? [241]←
16:14:43 <Bill_Kasdorf> q+

    [242]Bill Kasdorf: q+ [243]←
16:14:44 <tzviya> q+

     [242] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Bill_Kasdorf

    [244]Tzviya Siegman: q+ [245]←
16:15:05 <mgylling> ack Bill_Kasdorf

     [244] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Tzviya_Siegman

    [246]Markus Gylling: ack Bill_Kasdorf [247]←
16:15:06 <azaroth> ... could contribute best practices on how to build i
t into rendering engine

     [246] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    ... could contribute best practices on how to build it into
    rendering engine [248]←
16:15:31 <azaroth> Bill_Kasdorf: In a lot of disciplines there are speci
alized dictionaries needed, due to terminology

    [249]Bill Kasdorf: In a lot of disciplines there are
    specialized dictionaries needed, due to terminology [250]←
16:15:37 <liam> +1

     [249] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Bill_Kasdorf

    [251]Liam Quin: +1 [252]←
16:15:45 <azaroth> ... some way to accommodate this is important, esp fo
r medical.

     [251] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Liam_Quin

    ... some way to accommodate this is important, esp for medical.
    [253]←
16:15:55 <azaroth> Dave: At individual title level, exception dict is im
portant

    [254]Dave Cramer: At individual title level, exception dict is
    important [255]←
16:16:21 <azaroth> ... per file or copy, the dictionary is a critical pi
ece to supply hyphenation exceptions

     [254] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Dave_Cramer

    ... per file or copy, the dictionary is a critical piece to
    supply hyphenation exceptions [256]←
16:16:34 <azaroth> Markus:  To understand, the document provider should
declare which dict to use?

    [257]Markus Gylling: To understand, the document provider
    should declare which dict to use? [258]←
16:16:53 <azaroth> Bill: In addition to the built in, should use Steadma
n's medical dictionary as authority for hypen~n

     [257] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    [259]Bill Kasdorf: In addition to the built in, should use
    Steadman's medical dictionary as authority for hypen~n [260]←
16:17:10 <Luc> q+

     [259] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Bill_Kasdorf

    [261]Luc Audrain: q+ [262]←
16:17:17 <azaroth> ... sometimes a publisher will have an individual lis
t of words it knows will be problematic in a title and provide list of d
ozen such terms

     [261] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Luc_Audrain

    ... sometimes a publisher will have an individual list of words
    it knows will be problematic in a title and provide list of
    dozen such terms [263]←
16:17:27 <azaroth> Markus:  So not in a dictionary, local to the particu
lar title

    [264]Markus Gylling: So not in a dictionary, local to the
    particular title [265]←
16:17:28 <azaroth> q+

     [264] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    q+ [266]←
16:17:45 <azaroth> Dave: various systems have ways to enter new terms to
  override

    [267]Dave Cramer: various systems have ways to enter new terms
    to override [268]←
16:17:56 <mgylling> ack tzviya

     [267] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Dave_Cramer

    [269]Markus Gylling: ack tzviya [270]←
16:17:58 <azaroth> Markus: Sounds like 2 clear requirements to formulate

     [269] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    [271]Markus Gylling: Sounds like 2 clear requirements to
    formulate [272]←
16:18:26 <azaroth> Tzviuya: Same as BIl, but as we get into more advance
d fields, need expanded on. Medicine is broad, but grad level chemistry
things get complicated

     [271] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    [273]Tzviya Siegman: Same as BIl, but as we get into more
    advanced fields, need expanded on. Medicine is broad, but grad
    level chemistry things get complicated [274]←
16:18:27 <mgylling> ack Liam

     [273] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Tzviya_Siegman

    [275]Markus Gylling: ack Liam [276]←
16:18:28 <Zakim> Liam, you wanted to note it may vary within a document

     [275] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    Zakim IRC Bot: Liam, you wanted to note it may vary within a
    document [277]←
16:18:55 <azaroth> Liam: Live in a multilingual web, and multidiscipline
.  Might need multiple dictionaries for a single document

    [278]Liam Quin: Live in a multilingual web, and
    multidiscipline. Might need multiple dictionaries for a single
    document [279]←
16:19:04 <azaroth> ... saw this with print publications in 80s

     [278] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Liam_Quin

    ... saw this with print publications in 80s [280]←
16:19:20 <azaroth> Markus: Any effort in W3C in this area so far?

    [281]Markus Gylling: Any effort in W3C in this area so far?
    [282]←
16:19:32 <azaroth> Liam: Nothing beyond what we did in XSL FO.

     [281] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    [283]Liam Quin: Nothing beyond what we did in XSL FO. [284]←
16:19:39 <azaroth> q-

     [283] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Liam_Quin

    q- [285]←
16:20:05 <azaroth> Dave: Is there a standard for even describing hypen~n
  like TeX style that aren't easy to understand

    [286]Dave Cramer: Is there a standard for even describing
    hypen~n like TeX style that aren't easy to understand [287]←
16:20:09 <azaroth> Liam: Not aware of any

     [286] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Dave_Cramer

    [288]Liam Quin: Not aware of any [289]←
16:20:20 <azaroth> ... eg words in German that change spelling when you
hypenate them

     [288] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Liam_Quin

    ... eg words in German that change spelling when you hypenate
    them [290]←
16:20:25 <azaroth> ... might be in OpenOffice

    ... might be in OpenOffice [291]←
16:20:30 <mgylling> ack Luc

    [292]Markus Gylling: ack Luc [293]←
16:20:53 <azaroth> Luc: Proper way to solve this is perhaps to rely on h
ypen~n inside the text

     [292] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    [294]Luc Audrain: Proper way to solve this is perhaps to rely
    on hypen~n inside the text [295]←
16:21:14 <azaroth> ... in a limited environment could be possible to pre
pare text with the special words / preferred hypenation

     [294] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Luc_Audrain

    ... in a limited environment could be possible to prepare text
    with the special words / preferred hypenation [296]←
16:21:15 <astearns> so far, all CSS says about hyphenation dictionaries
is that the user agent must choose a language appropriate resource

    [297]Alan Stearns: so far, all CSS says about hyphenation
    dictionaries is that the user agent must choose a language
    appropriate resource [298]←
16:21:33 <azaroth> ... question may be to find a good composition engine
  that takes into account the preferred places in the words

     [297] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Alan_Stearns

    ... question may be to find a good composition engine that
    takes into account the preferred places in the words [299]←
16:21:54 <azaroth> ... as in EPUB with fixed content document, could be
prepared in advance

    ... as in EPUB with fixed content document, could be prepared
    in advance [300]←
16:22:08 <azaroth> ... so not to rely on external dictionaries

    ... so not to rely on external dictionaries [301]←
16:22:13 <Bill_Kasdorf> q+

    [302]Bill Kasdorf: q+ [303]←
16:22:20 <mgylling> ack Liam

     [302] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Bill_Kasdorf

    [304]Markus Gylling: ack Liam [305]←
16:22:20 <Zakim> Liam, you wanted to note trend is away from inline reso
urces and towards separate resources; also, browsers today *do* do hyphe
nation, just don't support per-page or per-site

     [304] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    Zakim IRC Bot: Liam, you wanted to note trend is away from
    inline resources and towards separate resources; also, browsers
    today *do* do hyphenation, just don't support per-page or
    per-site [306]←
16:22:23 <Zakim> ... dictionaries directly, and problem with search, goo
gle, etc

    Zakim IRC Bot: ... dictionaries directly, and problem with
    search, google, etc [307]←
16:22:33 <astearns> +1 to Liam's point

    [308]Alan Stearns: +1 to Liam's point [309]←
16:22:46 <azaroth> Liam: Trend is away from inline and towards external,
  like CSS and fonts

     [308] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Alan_Stearns

    [310]Liam Quin: Trend is away from inline and towards external,
    like CSS and fonts [311]←
16:22:59 <azaroth> ... when people look at 2 or more pages, is better

     [310] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Liam_Quin

    ... when people look at 2 or more pages, is better [312]←
16:23:20 <azaroth> ... but don't support hyphenation.  Search in page st
ops working etc.

    ... but don't support hyphenation. Search in page stops working
    etc. [313]←
16:23:26 <azaroth> ... More that needs to be specified

    ... More that needs to be specified [314]←
16:23:26 <mgylling> ack Bill_Kasdorf

    [315]Markus Gylling: ack Bill_Kasdorf [316]←
16:23:48 <azaroth> Bill: Almost always a dict is used in tandem with an
algorithm as it doesn't provide all possible words

     [315] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    [317]Bill Kasdorf: Almost always a dict is used in tandem with
    an algorithm as it doesn't provide all possible words [318]←
16:23:59 <azaroth> ... if present in dict it takes precedence

     [317] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Bill_Kasdorf

    ... if present in dict it takes precedence [319]←
16:24:06 <Luc> +1

    [320]Luc Audrain: +1 [321]←
16:24:07 <azaroth> Dave: Using dict in a very broad sense

     [320] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Luc_Audrain

    [322]Dave Cramer: Using dict in a very broad sense [323]←
16:24:22 <astearns> dauwhe: you can encode prioritization in some system
s (two dischys for a better break, for example)

     [322] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Dave_Cramer

    [324]Dave Cramer: you can encode prioritization in some systems
    (two dischys for a better break, for example) [ Scribe Assist
    by [325]Alan Stearns ] [326]←
16:24:42 <azaroth> Bill: In all languages many examples of limitations w
here you can't do it without context, eg pres/ent and pre/sent

     [324] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Dave_Cramer
     [325] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Alan_Stearns

    [327]Bill Kasdorf: In all languages many examples of
    limitations where you can't do it without context, eg pres/ent
    and pre/sent [328]←
16:24:48 <mgylling> q?

     [327] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Bill_Kasdorf

    [329]Markus Gylling: q? [330]←
16:25:08 <azaroth> Dave: Situation out there in the wild is bad, we want
  to improve it, but not going to get perfection

     [329] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    [331]Dave Cramer: Situation out there in the wild is bad, we
    want to improve it, but not going to get perfection [332]←
16:25:14 <azaroth> Bill: Yes, not attainable

     [331] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Dave_Cramer

    [333]Bill Kasdorf: Yes, not attainable [334]←
16:25:16 <Luc> q+

     [333] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Bill_Kasdorf

    [335]Luc Audrain: q+ [336]←
16:25:25 <azaroth> Dave: There's a lot we can do in this area for requir
ements

     [335] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Luc_Audrain

    [337]Dave Cramer: There's a lot we can do in this area for
    requirements [338]←
16:25:30 <mgylling> ack Luc

     [337] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Dave_Cramer

    [339]Markus Gylling: ack Luc [340]←
16:25:33 <azaroth> ... perhaps moving on to justification

     [339] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    ... perhaps moving on to justification [341]←
16:26:09 <azaroth> Luc: Main question remains, if dictionaries used for
exceptions, on algorithms used in OWP to calculate line length and break
ing

    [342]Luc Audrain: Main question remains, if dictionaries used
    for exceptions, on algorithms used in OWP to calculate line
    length and breaking [343]←
16:26:27 <azaroth> ... or declare them?

     [342] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Luc_Audrain

    ... or declare them? [344]←
16:26:47 <azaroth> Luc: Don't know which should be used but would like t
o know which are available? Does each browser have their own?

    [345]Luc Audrain: Don't know which should be used but would
    like to know which are available? Does each browser have their
    own? [346]←
16:26:59 <liam> [document providers will be able to say they prefer a pa
rticular algorithm from a well-known list; I hope to see at least two su
pported (first-fit as now, and n-line) ]

     [345] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Luc_Audrain

    [347]Liam Quin: [document providers will be able to say they
    prefer a particular algorithm from a well-known list; I hope to
    see at least two supported (first-fit as now, and n-line) ]
    [348]←
16:27:16 <astearns> q+ to mention ladders

     [347] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Liam_Quin

    [349]Alan Stearns: q+ to mention ladders [350]←
16:27:24 <azaroth> Dave: It becomes a bit intertwined with justification
  at that point to decide

     [349] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Alan_Stearns

    [351]Dave Cramer: It becomes a bit intertwined with
    justification at that point to decide [352]←
16:27:26 <mgylling> ack astearns

     [351] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Dave_Cramer

    [353]Markus Gylling: ack astearns [354]←
16:27:26 <Zakim> astearns, you wanted to mention ladders

     [353] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    Zakim IRC Bot: astearns, you wanted to mention ladders [355]←
16:28:09 <Bill_Kasdorf> q+

    [356]Bill Kasdorf: q+ [357]←
16:28:33 <mgylling> ack Bill_Kasdorf

     [356] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Bill_Kasdorf

    [358]Markus Gylling: ack Bill_Kasdorf [359]←
16:29:42 <azaroth_> Markus: Okay, moving on...

     [358] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    [360]Markus Gylling: Okay, moving on... [361]←
16:29:51 <azaroth_> Dave: Should we talk about tables a bit?

     [360] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    [362]Dave Cramer: Should we talk about tables a bit? [363]←
16:30:01 <azaroth_> ... I think this a good and interesting topic

     [362] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Dave_Cramer

    ... I think this a good and interesting topic [364]←
16:30:24 <ivan> -> http://www.w3.org/mid/CA+EQKqi5UqFG_6X7hKnH0CxQBeWRno
pzxg5THpXQYG_smX84JA@mail.gmail.com mail sent just now

    [365]Ivan Herman: ->
    [366]http://www.w3.org/mid/CA+EQKqi5UqFG_6X7hKnH0CxQBeWRnopzxg5
    THpXQYG_smX84JA@mail.gmail.com mail sent just now [367]←
16:30:37 <azaroth_> ... Ben has done a tremendous amount of research int
o automated rendering for HE texts

     [365] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Ivan_Herman
     [366] 
http://www.w3.org/mid/CA+EQKqi5UqFG_6X7hKnH0CxQBeWRnopzxg5THpXQYG_smX84JA@mail.gmail.com

    ... Ben has done a tremendous amount of research into automated
    rendering for HE texts [368]←
16:31:02 <azaroth_> Ben: I sent a mail to the list.  Higher level -- lin
e on character support, but can be on any character often decimals

    [369]Ben Ko: I sent a mail to the list. Higher level -- line on
    character support, but can be on any character often decimals
    [370]←
16:31:15 <azaroth_> Second is support for flush left center. Not sure th
ere's a standard term.

     [369] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Ben_Ko

    Second is support for flush left center. Not sure there's a
    standard term. [371]←
16:31:41 <azaroth_> ... FLC is a common variation on FL and FC, not supp
orted in things even like InDesign

    ... FLC is a common variation on FL and FC, not supported in
    things even like InDesign [372]←
16:31:48 <azaroth_> Ivan: What does it do?

    [373]Ivan Herman: What does it do? [374]←
16:32:26 <azaroth_> Ben: What's the difference? FLC says look at the col
umn, find the longest line in the entries, center that line, and then ta
ke all the other lines and flush left on that longest, centered line

     [373] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Ivan_Herman

    [375]Ben Ko: What's the difference? FLC says look at the
    column, find the longest line in the entries, center that line,
    and then take all the other lines and flush left on that
    longest, centered line [376]←
16:32:30 <Bill_Kasdorf> That is used in poetry as well as tables

     [375] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Ben_Ko

    [377]Bill Kasdorf: That is used in poetry as well as tables
    [378]←
16:32:42 <azaroth_> Markus: Flush meaning align the left most character
with the base

     [377] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Bill_Kasdorf

    [379]Markus Gylling: Flush meaning align the left most
    character with the base [380]←
16:32:50 <azaroth_> Ben: Yup, align left

     [379] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    [381]Ben Ko: Yup, align left [382]←
16:32:56 <azaroth_> Bill: Also done in poetry

     [381] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Ben_Ko

    [383]Bill Kasdorf: Also done in poetry [384]←
16:33:11 <azaroth_> Ben: Third is preventing line wrap if you have cells
  aligning on a character or word

     [383] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Bill_Kasdorf

    [385]Ben Ko: Third is preventing line wrap if you have cells
    aligning on a character or word [386]←
16:33:27 <mgylling> important point re poetry, means this is not table-s
pecific alignment behavior

     [385] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Ben_Ko

    [387]Markus Gylling: important point re poetry, means this is
    not table-specific alignment behavior [388]←
16:33:28 <azaroth_> ... Fourth, table widths.  Lots of notes about requi
rements. Ask group if I should document?

     [387] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    ... Fourth, table widths. Lots of notes about requirements. Ask
    group if I should document? [389]←
16:33:30 <dauwhe> q+

    [390]Dave Cramer: q+ [391]←
16:33:45 <azaroth_> ... idea is that tables don't size to some arbitrary
  dimension, set by fixed width

     [390] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Dave_Cramer

    ... idea is that tables don't size to some arbitrary dimension,
    set by fixed width [392]←
16:33:45 <tzviya> q+

    [393]Tzviya Siegman: q+ [394]←
16:33:57 <azaroth_> ... idea partially aesthetics and relationships betw
een tables

     [393] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Tzviya_Siegman

    ... idea partially aesthetics and relationships between tables
    [395]←
16:34:05 <dauwhe> q-

    [396]Dave Cramer: q- [397]←
16:34:07 <azaroth_> ... 4 tables that showed similar data and should be
considered together

     [396] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Dave_Cramer

    ... 4 tables that showed similar data and should be considered
    together [398]←
16:34:18 <azaroth_> ... if rendered at diff sizes may be hard to see the
y're related

    ... if rendered at diff sizes may be hard to see they're
    related [399]←
16:34:51 <azaroth> ... can't preset the width, so have to be able to set
  table to some choice of width that is provided

    ... can't preset the width, so have to be able to set table to
    some choice of width that is provided [400]←
16:35:00 <azaroth> ... those are the high level points so far

    ... those are the high level points so far [401]←
16:35:21 <azaroth> ... Alan? you replied on list, can you read it back t
o discuss?

    ... Alan? you replied on list, can you read it back to discuss?
    [402]←
16:35:34 <azaroth> Alan: You had steps for aligning on a character eg de
cimal. didn't seem right

    [403]Alan Stearns : You had steps for aligning on a character
    eg decimal. didn't seem right [404]←
16:35:46 <azaroth> ... centering portion can't be part of the algorithm
sometimes

     [403] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Alan_Stearns

    ... centering portion can't be part of the algorithm sometimes
    [405]←
16:35:53 <azaroth> Ben: Circumstance?

    [406]Ben Ko: Circumstance? [407]←
16:36:06 <azaroth> Alan: Gave some sample data in reply.
[408]

     [406] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Ben_Ko
     [408] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Alan_Stearns

    Alan Stearns : Gave some sample data in reply. [409]←
16:36:28 <azaroth> ... Can result in case where nothing is centred and t
hat's appropriate

    ... Can result in case where nothing is centred and that's
    appropriate [410]←
16:36:52 <azaroth> Ben: Yes, true.

    [411]Ben Ko: Yes, true. [412]←
16:36:55 <Liza> q+

     [411] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Ben_Ko

    [413]Liza Daly: q+ [414]←
16:37:00 <azaroth> \me notes scribe isn't understanding discussion

     [413] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Liza_Daly

    \me notes scribe isn't understanding discussion [415]←
16:37:30 <azaroth> Alan: Focus more on discussion and less on an algorit
hm. Could be a faster algorithm.  Just talk about requirements not neces
sarily steps
[416]

     [416] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Alan_Stearns

    Alan Stearns : Focus more on discussion and less on an
    algorithm. Could be a faster algorithm. Just talk about
    requirements not necessarily steps [417]←
16:37:47 <azaroth> Ben: Fair enough. I think in this case I think we wan
t to stay away from implementation details

    [418]Ben Ko: Fair enough. I think in this case I think we want
    to stay away from implementation details [419]←
16:38:00 <azaroth> ... trying to give examples that there's additional d
etails to consider

     [418] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Ben_Ko

    ... trying to give examples that there's additional details to
    consider [420]←
16:38:32 <azaroth> ... agree that when more digits on one side in one ce
ll, and more on the other side in another cell, but no individual cell w
ould be centered

    ... agree that when more digits on one side in one cell, and
    more on the other side in another cell, but no individual cell
    would be centered [421]←
16:38:40 <mgylling> ack tzviya

    [422]Markus Gylling: ack tzviya [423]←
16:38:43 <azaroth> Markus: Shall we go through Q?

     [422] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    [424]Markus Gylling: Shall we go through Q? [425]←
16:39:07 <azaroth> Tzviya: Snapping to width is relevant, often related
to trim size. Data relevant to a section needs to be presented in the sa
me way.

     [424] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    [426]Tzviya Siegman: Snapping to width is relevant, often
    related to trim size. Data relevant to a section needs to be
    presented in the same way. [427]←
16:39:40 <azaroth> ... also spans and straddles -- can be difficult to a
chive with CSS, esp with centre the content within a span. In HE content
  often see vertical text, not sure if we want to mention in high level r
eqs but will come up

     [426] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Tzviya_Siegman

    ... also spans and straddles -- can be difficult to achive with
    CSS, esp with centre the content within a span. In HE content
    often see vertical text, not sure if we want to mention in high
    level reqs but will come up [428]←
16:39:44 <azaroth> Ben: Agreed

    [429]Ben Ko: Agreed [430]←
16:39:48 <mgylling> ack Liza

     [429] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Ben_Ko

    [431]Markus Gylling: ack Liza [432]←
16:39:58 <Bill_Kasdorf> Do you mean vertical text or rotated text?

     [431] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    [433]Bill Kasdorf: Do you mean vertical text or rotated text?
    [434]←
16:40:06 <astearns> I think we should definitely mention Latin vertical
text requirements

     [433] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Bill_Kasdorf

    [435]Alan Stearns: I think we should definitely mention Latin
    vertical text requirements [436]←
16:40:06 <azaroth> Liza: To what extent do we want to consider tables in
  mobile devices where there's no room

     [435] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Alan_Stearns

    [437]Liza Daly: To what extent do we want to consider tables in
    mobile devices where there's no room [438]←
16:40:11 <tzviya> +100

     [437] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Liza_Daly

    [439]Tzviya Siegman: +100 [440]←
16:40:16 <azaroth> ... problem with basic html in reading systems

     [439] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Tzviya_Siegman

    ... problem with basic html in reading systems [441]←
16:40:20 <azaroth> +100 from me too

    +100 from me too [442]←
16:40:37 <azaroth> ... Do we want to dictate what the behaviour should b
e when the reading system can't fill the space

    ... Do we want to dictate what the behaviour should be when the
    reading system can't fill the space [443]←
16:40:58 <azaroth> Markus: Something that Tzviya has talked about as wel
l. The most basic things not working.  A separate cluster of requirement
s?

    [444]Markus Gylling: Something that Tzviya has talked about as
    well. The most basic things not working. A separate cluster of
    requirements? [445]←
16:41:29 <Bill_Kasdorf> q+

     [444] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    [446]Bill Kasdorf: q+ [447]←
16:41:31 <azaroth> Dave: First thought is it sounds like a separate clus
ter of fallbacks for tables in limited screen real estate, how tables sh
ould degrade. Haven;t thought about it a lot

     [446] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Bill_Kasdorf

    [448]Dave Cramer: First thought is it sounds like a separate
    cluster of fallbacks for tables in limited screen real estate,
    how tables should degrade. Haven;t thought about it a lot
    [449]←
16:41:39 <azaroth> ... expect other people have spent more time

     [448] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Dave_Cramer

    ... expect other people have spent more time [450]←
16:41:50 <azaroth> Markus:  What task force? Tzviya, under adaptive?

    [451]Markus Gylling: What task force? Tzviya, under adaptive?
    [452]←
16:42:22 <azaroth> Tzviya: I mentioned it. If we talk about tables in th
is document, we should mention it. That it won't render everywhere. Also
  Bill was considering -- not everything can function as a table in mobil
e

     [451] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    [453]Tzviya Siegman: I mentioned it. If we talk about tables in
    this document, we should mention it. That it won't render
    everywhere. Also Bill was considering -- not everything can
    function as a table in mobile [454]←
16:42:31 <azaroth> ... not sure a fallback would be the way we define it

     [453] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Tzviya_Siegman

    ... not sure a fallback would be the way we define it [455]←
16:42:42 <azaroth> Dave: Just using to mean some simplified arrangement

    [456]Dave Cramer: Just using to mean some simplified
    arrangement [457]←
16:42:55 <azaroth> Liza: Not to increase the scope, but need a position
on it as a real issue

     [456] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Dave_Cramer

    [458]Liza Daly: Not to increase the scope, but need a position
    on it as a real issue [459]←
16:43:02 <azaroth> Markus: Agreed, been up before and we need to cover i
t

     [458] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Liza_Daly

    [460]Markus Gylling: Agreed, been up before and we need to
    cover it [461]←
16:43:32 <azaroth> Dave: latinreq might be the place to describe the hig
h end use case, what we want to do with tables, but not the place to wor
k on more restrictive circumstances

     [460] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    [462]Dave Cramer: latinreq might be the place to describe the
    high end use case, what we want to do with tables, but not the
    place to work on more restrictive circumstances [463]←
16:43:40 <azaroth> Markus: Natural home? Tzviya?

     [462] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Dave_Cramer

    [464]Markus Gylling: Natural home? Tzviya? [465]←
16:43:50 <azaroth> Tzviya: Still trying to figure out what my area is :)

     [464] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    [466]Tzviya Siegman: Still trying to figure out what my area is
    :) [467]←
16:43:59 <mgylling> ack Bill_Kasdorf

     [466] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Tzviya_Siegman

    [468]Markus Gylling: ack Bill_Kasdorf [469]←
16:43:59 <azaroth> ... do have a use case, so can bring it up.  Sure.

     [468] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    ... do have a use case, so can bring it up. Sure. [470]←
16:44:34 <azaroth> Bill:  Just to point out that there's an obvious beha
viour that compensates -- the ability to hide rows or columns.  Typicall
y not reading everything, just looking something up

    [471]Bill Kasdorf: Just to point out that there's an obvious
    behaviour that compensates -- the ability to hide rows or
    columns. Typically not reading everything, just looking
    something up [472]←
16:44:45 <azaroth> ... don't care about columns 2-4 to look up something
  in column 5

     [471] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Bill_Kasdorf

    ... don't care about columns 2-4 to look up something in column
    5 [473]←
16:45:00 <azaroth> ... so if you can hide them, you can see it on your p
hone

    ... so if you can hide them, you can see it on your phone
    [474]←
16:45:21 <Zakim> -Sharad_Garg

    Zakim IRC Bot: -Sharad_Garg [475]←
16:45:21 <azaroth> Tzviya: Don't necessarily agree. Sometimes need every
thing to do a comparison.

    [476]Tzviya Siegman: Don't necessarily agree. Sometimes need
    everything to do a comparison. [477]←
16:45:41 <azaroth> Bill: If it's a table, then given the ability to look
  at portions is useful. Not a complete solution

     [476] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Tzviya_Siegman

    [478]Bill Kasdorf: If it's a table, then given the ability to
    look at portions is useful. Not a complete solution [479]←
16:45:48 <azaroth> Markus: Where were we with alignment in columns

     [478] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Bill_Kasdorf

    [480]Markus Gylling: Where were we with alignment in columns
    [481]←
16:46:17 <azaroth> Ben: I'll clean up the language to correct hte langua
ge. Screenshots ... how to provide?

     [480] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    [482]Ben Ko: I'll clean up the language to correct hte
    language. Screenshots ... how to provide? [483]←
16:46:26 <azaroth> Dave: I can put them in the doc if you email them to
me

     [482] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Ben_Ko

    [484]Dave Cramer: I can put them in the doc if you email them
    to me [485]←
16:46:34 <azaroth> ... next comment was can we have some illustrations

     [484] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Dave_Cramer

    ... next comment was can we have some illustrations [486]←
16:46:50 <azaroth> Markus: Sounds like we had unanimous agreement was re
quirements, not to mandate algorithms

    [487]Markus Gylling: Sounds like we had unanimous agreement was
    requirements, not to mandate algorithms [488]←
16:47:08 <astearns> q+ on algorithms

     [487] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    [489]Alan Stearns: q+ on algorithms [490]←
16:47:13 <azaroth> Dave: Some sort of tricky example to align on charact
er, describing these kind of arrangements

     [489] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Alan_Stearns

    [491]Dave Cramer: Some sort of tricky example to align on
    character, describing these kind of arrangements [492]←
16:47:16 <mgylling> ack astearns

     [491] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Dave_Cramer

    [493]Markus Gylling: ack astearns [494]←
16:47:16 <Zakim> astearns, you wanted to comment on algorithms

     [493] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    Zakim IRC Bot: astearns, you wanted to comment on algorithms
    [495]←
16:47:18 <azaroth> ... in scope for this doc

    ... in scope for this doc [496]←
16:47:47 <azaroth> Alan: Algorithm the computer has to go through seems
out of scope. Manual algorithm for print production, those steps are ver
y useful to describe

    [497]Alan Stearns : Algorithm the computer has to go through
    seems out of scope. Manual algorithm for print production,
    those steps are very useful to describe [498]←
16:48:04 <azaroth> Dave: Yes, this is how we think about it, the concept
s we apply to get the desired end result. Agree those are good

     [497] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Alan_Stearns

    [499]Dave Cramer: Yes, this is how we think about it, the
    concepts we apply to get the desired end result. Agree those
    are good [500]←
16:48:17 <azaroth> Markus: Dave, you also mentioned grids as a topic

     [499] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Dave_Cramer

    [501]Markus Gylling: Dave, you also mentioned grids as a topic
    [502]←
16:48:33 <dauwhe> http://alistapart.com

     [501] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    [503]Dave Cramer: [504]http://alistapart.com [505]←
16:48:34 <azaroth> Dave: Thanks to Alan for the text. Provided a lovely
example of the problem

     [503] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Dave_Cramer
     [504] http://alistapart.com/

    [506]Dave Cramer: Thanks to Alan for the text. Provided a
    lovely example of the problem [507]←
16:49:11 <azaroth> ... Something I mentioned last week, the idea of the
grid seems important, also trying to get at the underlying principles. A
lignment goals that grids implement

     [506] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Dave_Cramer

    ... Something I mentioned last week, the idea of the grid seems
    important, also trying to get at the underlying principles.
    Alignment goals that grids implement [508]←
16:49:38 <azaroth> ... trying to get to a more fundamental aspect of the
  problem.  Looking at the example there, what is supposed to align with
what, that would make it look less horrible

    ... trying to get to a more fundamental aspect of the problem.
    Looking at the example there, what is supposed to align with
    what, that would make it look less horrible [509]←
16:50:09 <azaroth> ... at bottom, there's a section more from alistapart
, 3 articles with varying structures so nothing aligns

    ... at bottom, there's a section more from alistapart, 3
    articles with varying structures so nothing aligns [510]←
16:50:21 <azaroth> ... main text isn't on the same grid, varying numbers
  of lines. all over the place

    ... main text isn't on the same grid, varying numbers of lines.
    all over the place [511]←
16:50:45 <azaroth> Alan: One of the things I'm planning to do is put som
e screenshots together to show before and after, what controls you'd nee
d to achieve the after effect

    [512]Alan Stearns : One of the things I'm planning to do is put
    some screenshots together to show before and after, what
    controls you'd need to achieve the after effect [513]←
16:51:12 <azaroth> ... been considering for grids are theoretical, don't
  work on the tools. for ppl using baseline grids, they have some manual
steps, would be good to get feedback for requirements

     [512] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Alan_Stearns

    ... been considering for grids are theoretical, only work on
    the tools. for ppl using baseline grids, they have some manual
    steps, would be good to get feedback for requirements [514]←
16:51:24 <astearns> s/don't work/only work/
16:51:42 <Bill_Kasdorf> q+

    [515]Bill Kasdorf: q+ [516]←
16:51:43 <azaroth> Dave: Love to see some examples of grids in use. Can
point out that grid enables this to work. Underlying design principles t
o codify

     [515] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Bill_Kasdorf

    [517]Dave Cramer: Love to see some examples of grids in use.
    Can point out that grid enables this to work. Underlying design
    principles to codify [518]←
16:51:55 <mgylling> ack Bill_Kasdorf

     [517] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Dave_Cramer

    [519]Markus Gylling: ack Bill_Kasdorf [520]←
16:51:59 <azaroth> ... what grids need to achieve

     [519] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    ... what grids need to achieve [521]←
16:52:09 <Zakim> -fjh

    Zakim IRC Bot: -fjh [522]←
16:52:17 <azaroth> Bill: Makes me think of related use case- ability to
set a vertical marker that other things are aligned with

    [523]Bill Kasdorf: Makes me think of related use case- ability
    to set a vertical marker that other things are aligned with
    [524]←
16:52:28 <azaroth> ... not a pre existing grid, just an alignment point.
  On the list?

     [523] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Bill_Kasdorf

    ... not a pre existing grid, just an alignment point. On the
    list? [525]←
16:52:42 <azaroth> Dave: Applies to lots of things. Side by side text, s
ide note.

    [526]Dave Cramer: Applies to lots of things. Side by side text,
    side note. [527]←
16:52:47 <azaroth> Bill: translations for example

     [526] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Dave_Cramer

    [528]Bill Kasdorf: translations for example [529]←
16:52:49 <azaroth> Dave: Yeah

     [528] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Bill_Kasdorf

    [530]Dave Cramer: Yeah [531]←
16:52:58 <azaroth> ... way to go is if you have examples, then send them
  along

     [530] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Dave_Cramer

    ... way to go is if you have examples, then send them along
    [532]←
16:53:07 <azaroth> Bill: Yes not a grid, just made me think of it

    [533]Bill Kasdorf: Yes not a grid, just made me think of it
    [534]←
16:53:17 <azaroth> Dave: Larger issue of alignment. How does this object
  relate to that object

     [533] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Bill_Kasdorf

    [535]Dave Cramer: Larger issue of alignment. How does this
    object relate to that object [536]←
16:53:39 <azaroth> ... whole subject has lots of diff manifestations. As
  many examples as possible to let us come up with what we need to do

     [535] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Dave_Cramer

    ... whole subject has lots of diff manifestations. As many
    examples as possible to let us come up with what we need to do
    [537]←
16:54:00 <azaroth> Markus: Bill, I thought you were going to talk about
alignment in 2 page spread. points sometimes cross page boundaries.

    [538]Markus Gylling: Bill, I thought you were going to talk
    about alignment in 2 page spread. points sometimes cross page
    boundaries. [539]←
16:54:20 <azaroth> Bill: That's true. More universal than that. DOn't wa
nt people to focus on page based rendering, relevant in reflowable

     [538] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    [540]Bill Kasdorf: That's true. More universal than that. DOn't
    want people to focus on page based rendering, relevant in
    reflowable [541]←
16:54:29 <azaroth> ... good question though, would the same mechanism wo
rk for both use cases

     [540] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Bill_Kasdorf

    ... good question though, would the same mechanism work for
    both use cases [542]←
16:54:40 <Luc> +1

    [543]Luc Audrain: +1 [544]←
16:54:48 <azaroth> Dave: Sent the list another big question on equation
alignment on = signs

     [543] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Luc_Audrain

    [545]Dave Cramer: Sent the list another big question on
    equation alignment on = signs [546]←
16:54:53 <azaroth> ... even though unrelated html structure

     [545] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Dave_Cramer

    ... even though unrelated html structure [547]←
16:55:03 <liam> +1 alignment

    [548]Liam Quin: +1 alignment [549]←
16:55:05 <azaroth> ... one of the big, fundamental issues when laying ou
t pages

     [548] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Liam_Quin

    ... one of the big, fundamental issues when laying out pages
    [550]←
16:55:21 <azaroth> Markus: Need to decide what to do next week

    [551]Markus Gylling: Need to decide what to do next week [552]←
16:55:30 <azaroth> ... where do you see yourself going in terms of grids
?

     [551] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    ... where do you see yourself going in terms of grids? [553]←
16:55:46 <azaroth> Dave: Would like to get illustrations, examples in he
re. See where they go.

    [554]Dave Cramer: Would like to get illustrations, examples in
    here. See where they go. [555]←
16:56:04 <azaroth> ... can start writing up more on hyphenation. WOuld l
ike to start collecting egs and screenshots

     [554] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Dave_Cramer

    ... can start writing up more on hyphenation. WOuld like to
    start collecting egs and screenshots [556]←
16:56:31 <azaroth> ... maybe go into a phase where actively working on a
  few parts with lots of input from people with what trying to achieve

    ... maybe go into a phase where actively working on a few parts
    with lots of input from people with what trying to achieve
    [557]←
16:56:38 <azaroth> Markus: Alan, does that work for you?

    [558]Markus Gylling: Alan, does that work for you? [559]←
16:56:43 <azaroth> Alan: Certainly
[560]

     [558] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling
     [560] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Alan_Stearns

    Alan Stearns : Certainly [561]←
16:56:55 <mgylling> ack Luc

    [562]Markus Gylling: ack Luc [563]←
16:57:36 <azaroth> Markus: Great. For next week, we need another task fo
rce, unless you disagree Dave?

     [562] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    [564]Markus Gylling: Great. For next week, we need another task
    force, unless you disagree Dave? [565]←
16:57:42 <azaroth> Dave: I need a break :)

     [564] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    [566]Dave Cramer: I need a break :) [567]←
16:57:52 <azaroth> Markus: Tzviya, shall we move to your group?

     [566] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Dave_Cramer

    [568]Markus Gylling: Tzviya, shall we move to your group?
    [569]←
16:58:09 <azaroth> Tzviya: Don't have a lot pulled together, but could r
eview what we have now

     [568] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    [570]Tzviya Siegman: Don't have a lot pulled together, but
    could review what we have now [571]←
16:58:24 <azaroth> Markus: Still a bit fuzzy where the edges are, need t
o clarify where to go.

     [570] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Tzviya_Siegman

    [572]Markus Gylling: Still a bit fuzzy where the edges are,
    need to clarify where to go. [573]←
16:58:39 <azaroth> ... AOB?

     [572] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    ... AOB? [574]←
16:58:53 <azaroth> Dave: Several of us will be at digital book world thi
s week

    [575]Dave Cramer: Several of us will be at digital book world
    this week [576]←
16:59:13 <Zakim> -madi

     [575] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Dave_Cramer

    Zakim IRC Bot: -madi [577]←
16:59:14 <Zakim> -Bill_Kasdorf

    Zakim IRC Bot: -Bill_Kasdorf [578]←
16:59:14 <Zakim> -Liza

    Zakim IRC Bot: -Liza [579]←
16:59:14 <TomDN> zakim, unmute me

    [580]Tom De Nies: zakim, unmute me [581]←
16:59:15 <Zakim> TomDN should no longer be muted

     [580] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Tom_De_Nies

    Zakim IRC Bot: TomDN should no longer be muted [582]←
16:59:16 <Zakim> -Tzviya

    Zakim IRC Bot: -Tzviya [583]←
16:59:16 <Zakim> -dauwhe

    Zakim IRC Bot: -dauwhe [584]←
16:59:17 <Zakim> -Ivan

    Zakim IRC Bot: -Ivan [585]←
16:59:18 <Zakim> -azaroth

    Zakim IRC Bot: -azaroth [586]←
16:59:18 <Zakim> -Stearns

    Zakim IRC Bot: -Stearns [587]←
16:59:19 <Zakim> -benjaminsko

    Zakim IRC Bot: -benjaminsko [588]←
16:59:19 <Zakim> -Liam

    Zakim IRC Bot: -Liam [589]←
16:59:21 <Zakim> -TomDN

    Zakim IRC Bot: -TomDN [590]←
16:59:22 <Zakim> -Bert

    Zakim IRC Bot: -Bert [591]←
16:59:23 <mgylling> regrets: Brady Duga, Vladimir Levantovsky, Laura Fow
ler, Jean Kaplansky
16:59:25 <Zakim> -laudrain

    Zakim IRC Bot: -laudrain [592]←
16:59:26 <Zakim> -AWK

    (No events recorded for 5 minutes)

    Zakim IRC Bot: disconnecting the lone participant, mgylling, in
    DPUB_DPUBIG()11:00AM [593]←
17:05:02 <Zakim> DPUB_DPUBIG()11:00AM has ended

    Zakim IRC Bot: DPUB_DPUBIG()11:00AM has ended [594]←
17:05:02 <Zakim> Attendees were Liza, dauwhe, azaroth, Tzviya, Ivan, Ste
arns, mgylling, Bill_Kasdorf, Bert, laudrain, benjaminsko, AWK, gcapiel,
  Sharad_Garg, TomDN, tmichel, fjh, Liam, madi

    Zakim IRC Bot: Attendees were Liza, dauwhe, azaroth, Tzviya,
    Ivan, Stearns, mgylling, Bill_Kasdorf, Bert, laudrain,
    benjaminsko, AWK, gcapiel, Sharad_Garg, TomDN, tmichel, fjh,
    Liam, madi [595]←

    Formatted by [596]CommonScribe (Submit) Show Interleaved IRC
    Text
      __________________________________________________________

     [596] http://www.w3.org/2009/CommonScribe/
Received on Tuesday, 14 January 2014 08:08:25 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 16:24:54 UTC