Re: metadata format files for the Ontology to exit CR phase.

Felix,

We have discuss your issue today during telecon.(see minutes)

The goal is to have as many properties available as possible

Of course some formats don't have all properties (marked as N/A in their
mapping table).
Also some resources like an image for example you probably can not use
video properties ...
we should aim at having for each format a small set of example covering
the whole mapping table (all properties mapped to ma).
Files should cover the whole mapping table, trying to achieve this with
as few files as possible  ... otherwise mappings cannot be fully tested.

Another  way would be to have a few resources( image, video, audio)
covering all the MA properties.
We could use the same resources but with metadata in each different format.

Thierry.

Le 22/02/2011 14:53, Felix Sasaki a écrit :
> Dear Thierry,
>
> one question on XMP: is there a requirement what should be in the RDF
> example? That is, is it mandatory to have all mappings in the mapping table
> also in the RDF example? I am asking since XMP of course has many metadata
> properties available, and you probably won't find them in one file.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Felix
>
> 2011/2/22 Thierry Michel<tmichel@w3.org>
>
>> Hi Tobias,
>>
>> Thanks for the reminder of the RDF example.
>> It may need to be updated as it is based on rev25 of our ontology, which
>> has a bit changed since.
>>
>> The deadline for the metadate files is ASAP ;-)
>>
>> To be more specific, the 2nd LC will end on March 20th. We should enter CR
>> in april and try to exit CR by may or early june. Therefore these files
>> should be provided at the latest end of may. Hope this gives enough time.
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> thierry.
>>

>>> Hi Thierry,
>>>
>>> thanks for posting the reminder. I have to admit that I forgot about
>> this.
>>>
>>> Is there a deadline for this action?
>>>
>>> Furthermore I would like to pass again this link to our original RDF
>>> example
>>> which might be useful for others:
>>>

>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2010Nov/0162.html
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>>
>>> Tobias
>>>
>>> PS: Please update your address book with my new email address: tobias[at]
>>> tobiasbuerger.com Thanks!

>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2010Dec/0074.html

>>> --
>>> Dr. Tobias Bürger