Re: RE : ACTION for editors.

Le 27/07/2011 13:38, Silvia Pfeiffer a écrit :
> On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 6:29 PM, Thierry Michel<tmichel@w3.org>  wrote:
>> Sylvia,
>>
>> see my responses in line.

>>> Mine validated when I sent them through, see
>>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2011Jun/0058.html
>>
>> Your file validated the *RDF validator*. This means they were syntaxlly
>> correct. It does not mean they are valid against our Ontology.
>> Just like an XML file is well formed it does not mean it validates against
>> its DTD or schema. Please try to understand the difference here and our
>> goal: We must publish RDF files to the world that are conformant to our
>> Ontology.
>
> I understand. And that's exactly the part that a central editor should
> be looking after rather than having distributed editors.

Theoretically yes,  but practically ...
If there is a volunteer, it would be very good news
Are you willing to do that central editor task ?

>>> OK, maybe text files can be extended to cover all of the metadata that
>>> you are asking for. That's not so simple for binary media files. I've
>>> done what I can to put metadata in there. Then I wrote the RDF files
>>> that represent the content of the media files and made sure they
>>> validated, see
>>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2011Jun/0058.html
>>
>> Again here please read what the WG  requests. We never requested to cover
>> all of the metadata,as I have already explained to you. Furthermore we
>> said if you are missing properties, you should provide the HTML table with
>> the column 'RDF-tested' showing which properties you have used in your
>> example.
>
> I have sent this information mostly on the 15th May for Ogg and 30th
> May for WebM. Here are some more details:

I have tried to fill the "RDF tested" column from the mapping table for
OGG, OGG-container and WebM (see attached files).

  What you provide in the following does not use the Descriptive
Properties (Core Set), therefore it is difficult for me to do a mapping.

I could only guess for some of them and have updated the HTML files (see
attached files).

For OGG

TITLE --> title  (RDF-tested:Yes)
DATE: --> date  (RDF-tested:Yes)
LOCATION: --> location  (RDF-tested:Yes)
COPYRIGHT: --> copyright  (RDF-tested:Yes)

For OGG container

none.

For WebM

Title:    --> title  (RDF-tested:Yes)
Duration: --> duration  (RDF-tested:Yes)
Language: --> language  (RDF-tested:Yes)

Please add the appropriate information in these 3 HTML files.

Now for your 2 RDF files

http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/drafts/metadata_formats/DougExample_ogv.rdf

http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/drafts/metadata_formats/DougExample_webm.rdf

Looking at them, they seem fine (with my very small RDF/OWL expertise)

I have tried to open it with Protégé.
I get a long list of java.awt errors.

see attached screen shot

I have no idea what this is. I have zero expertise with Protégé. Maybe
someone can help here.