Re: Fwd: Ontology for Media Resources 1.0 is a W3C Candidate Recommendation (Call for Implementations)

Davy,

For the implementation of the "Ontology for Media Resources 1.0",
specification we do not require tools to implement it. In fact it will
be the corresponding API spec [2] who will have to show implementation
experience (a browser or/and a webservice for example).

For the "Ontology for Media Resources 1.0", we have agreed that an
aololication using the Media Annotation Ontology  (like a website) [3]
along with our tesuite showing examples of mappings for ech formats to
the MA Ontology would suffice.

Refer to the exit criteria for further info [4].

--------------
- Each format listed in the testsuite for Ontology for Media Resources
1.0 has at least one example file covering a subset or all of the
properties of the core vocabulary of the Media Ontology available for
each format (e.g some formats may not have a mapping to all the
properties core set; for example the "MP4" format does not have a
property mapping to the "identifier" property of the core vocabulary of
the Media Ontology). For formats providing an exemple using only a
subset of the properties of the core vocabulary, the missing properties
will be highlighted in the corresponding mapping tables
- Each format listed in the testsuite has an associated RDF/OWL file for
correspondence between the core properties and the RDF vocabulary.
- The testsuite may also provide an associated Turtle (Terse RDF Triple
Language) [Turtle] file for convenience.
- At least two applications have been demonstrated that use features of
the Media Annotation Ontology.
--------------

Finally to answer you question about your NinSuna platform publishing
technical metadata in RDF, If it does uses the Media
Annotations OWL ontology (like it seems to be the case, it will be
indeed an application demonstrating the use of features of the Media
Annotation Ontology. and we will be happy to add it to our application
list at [3].

If you need further details, let us know.

Best,
Thierry.

[1]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/drafts/ontology10/CR/mediaont-1.0.html