Re: [mawg] action-249: rdfs taskforce update

Hi all,

On 31/05/2010 11:16, Evain, Jean-Pierre wrote:
> Hello Tobias,
>
> It looks like very similar to what I would have done.

same here.

A small question though:

why are Publisher and Creator not subclasses of Actor, while Contributor
is ?

I would have expected Creator, Actor and Contributor to be subclasses of
Actor, as well as Person and Organization -- although of course the
Creator/Actor/Contributor distinction is orthogonal to the
Person/Organization partition...

> Of course, there are some issues like naming convention of properties
> like the "is-a" style or not.

by this, do you mean "is-a" vs. "isA" ?

> The other issue, going one step further is about e.g. title or
> description types.  My proposal for this is as follows: e.g. title
> types like 'main' should be sub-properties of the title property. In
> practice, migrating to RDF would require taking all controlled terms
> from the predefined list of types and change them into subproperties.
> If you update the list, then you create a new sub-property -> this is
> taking benefit of the scalability of the RDF model.

I agree with that.

  pa