RE: [mawg] [rdfs taskforce] action-249: RDFS version of ma-ont availble

Hello Tobias,

A few comments:

-          When looking at the ontology in Protégé, datatype like integer appear as classes… That is weird.

-          This is why you have what I believe is a wrong use of 'object properties'.  For example, bitrate should be a dataproperty  of media resource instantiated by an integer (not a float ;-)

-          Language is not a class but an object property linking to a SKOS concept or a data property linking to a string -> the same for e.g. compression, format, genre, keyword, rating and targetAudience

-          Person should also be a subclass of Actor and probably organisation could also appear where person is.

-          The flattest the better: I would avoid nesting too much things like audio/video, tracks and then audio/video tracks

-          partOfCollection could be replaced by a more generic isMemberOf

-          relation would sound better like isRelatedTo and all Dublin Core relation could be subproperties

-          For the datatype of samplingRate, we often use rationals, which don't exist in RDF -> float?

-          Some properties are functional

-          Some properties are inverse, which I believe needs to be completed by proper object properties

-          Time to think of appropriate inverse properties for more inference

I have put a revised version here: http://www.ebu.ch/metadata/ontologies/W3C_MAWG/ma-ont-rev.rdfs.xml

To be discussed ☺

Regards,

Jean-Pierre