Agenda for the next teleconf

Dear chairs, all,

Could you please reserve a slot in the next teleconf for me? I would
like to discuss the findings of my student and also the feedback from
the Webapps group with the participants regarding our WebIDL
specification. The main problem is, that we are using Arrays in our
specification - see attached mail. The WebIDL discussion about Arrays
is ongoing since October 2009. I will also reflect relevant parts of
the discussion with the Webapps group to our mailing list. From my
point of view, we have to avoid the use of Arrays in our API
specification to be consistent to the WebIDL specification in future
(and therefore independent to the outcome of their discussion).

Best,
Florian

Anfang der weitergeleiteten E-Mail:

> Von: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
> Datum: 2. Juni 2010 14:25:16 MESZ
> An: Florian Stegmaier <stegmai@dimis.fim.uni-passau.de>
> Kopie: schepers@w3.org, public-webapps@w3.org, Joakim Söderberg <joakim.soderberg@ericsson.com
> >, Daniel Park <soohongp@gmail.com>, "tmichel@w3.org Michel" <tmichel@w3.org
> >
> Betreff: Re: Automatic translation/validation of WebIDL documents
>
> Le mercredi 02 juin 2010 ā 13:40 +0200, Florian Stegmaier a écrit :
>> My overall question is, if you have any experience with WebIDL
>> parser,
>> or perhaps could point me to a project, which is most up-to-date to
>> the current version of the WebIDL specification? I have also tried to
>> validate our API spec using the validator of [5], but i am not quiet
>> sure if this validator is able to handle the array definitions. Do
>> you
>> know also a validator, to make sure if our spec is correct?
>
> My understanding is that the WebIDL spec still needs to be updated to
> reflect the addition of arrays (i.e. no change in that regard since
> [4]).
>
> In particular, their lack of formal definitions in the grammar means
> that WIDLproc [5] doesn't accept them, which also implies that the
> on-line WebIDL checker marks them as invalid:
> http://www.w3.org/2009/07/webidl-check
>
> Dom
>
>> [1] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/
>> [2] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/drafts/API10/LC/Overview.html