Re: Updated ontology doc within Seoul F2F meeting

Dear all,

On Feb 24, 2010, at 3:25 PM, Bailer, Werner wrote:

> Dear Wonsuk, all,
>
> Thanks for the new draft, I think it is a major improvement.
>
> However, I have a few comments:
>
> - in the abstract it says we define “semantics-preserving”: the
> introduction states correctly that this cannot always be achieved –
> so it should be removed from the abstract

I changed that from the abstract... maybe there is a hidden part of
the XML document that still contains this text and that keeps on
rewriting the latest version of the abstract?

> - section 3.1: shouldn’t we list for completeness also string, float
> and integer and refer to definitions we are using

yes, I was waiting for the list of the types to add them :)

> - section 3.2: we are currently not using any complex type
> definitions in the table, esp. not the person example given

right, so better simplify it all and simply list the types we use,
without making a "simple/complex" distinction

> - the editorial note in 4.1.2 should reference annex A
> - ma:location: I’m not an expert in this, but afaik there are
> different coordinate systems for geolocation, so we should add a
> string for the coordinate system to the log/lat/alt triple

and there are also geo ontologies: URI should be a valid value; the
same goes for other properties, we should not restrict the value to
one specific vocabulary, but rather state that URI' and values from
constrained vocabularies are preferred.
One question about the types: have not checked yet, but do some
properties still have a pair as value? How "processable" is such a
format? Is it not too much a burden and shoul dit not be replaced by
simple value, with the help of subproperties? Maybe it's the case now,
will check. Another point: about frameSize: having two numbers here
too is a "hard to process" option (for mapping for example): how about
having height/width as subproperties, at least?

> - 4.2.1.1 ma:right should be ma:copyright

I changed the ma:copyright to ma:right because of the comments of the
PLING people, I thought they were not satisfied with copyright, that
they wanted license and rights, but I may be mistaken