Re: Test suite for services approach

Hello Thierry,

thank you for your mail. I see now that my proposal needs more
explanatations. I am aware of the difference between a test suite and an
implementation report. However I think in the case of our working group, we
have a rather simple scenario for test cases:

1) we have input data, that is files with multimedia objects
2) we have MA properties to be found in that input data, e.g. the identifier
of a mutimedia object
3) we have an ideal output of 3)
4) we have output produced by the actual implementation

The page I produced is a collection of currently dead links to test cases in
this structure. I think that the assertions we make in the API document are
so simple that we don't a need more complex structure in the test suite, and
that hence it can be closely related to the implementation report. Btw.,
this design is based on a test suite / implementation report at
http://www.w3.org/International/its/tests/
which was used for the Internationalization Tag Set, see
http://www.w3.org/TR/its/ , and it moved to PR with that. The test cases are
now also used for furture implementation testing.

Best,

Felix